After cancelling a reservation at a Condo complex in St. Pete Beach and reviewing the positive reviews on TA, I booked a one bedroom pool view suite for my husband and myself at The Alden as an escape from our harsh Canadian winter. I called the resort one week prior to arrival and was informed that we were assigned to a Nassau Suite in Building 4. At that time, I requested a pool view room on the 3rd or 4th floor. On arrival, we were greeted by Beau who promptly provided us with our documents, a map, directions to our room (#619) and instructions for the complimentary WiFi. As this room is located on the top floor of Building 4, there was often a wait for the elevator (as the building has only one), but this was not a major inconvenience. There was very little noise from the elevator, even though it is located nearby. Room #619 provides a view of both pools, the Cabana Bar AND the beach from the large balcony-the latter an unexpected but pleasant surprise!
The entry door into this suite faces the parking lot/tennis courts and you enter directly into the bedroom, which has two (comfortable) queen size beds. The living room/kitchen area is quite large and complete with a stovetop/oven, full size refrigerator (including icemaker) and dishwasher. There are flat screen TVs in the living room and bedroom. On the last day of our stay, I discovered some water in front of the dishwasher and promptly mentioned this to our housekeeper, Alexa. Within an hour, a maintenance person arrived and later that afternoon, the dishwasher was replaced. Alexa was very pleasant, as were most of the resort staff. The grounds are well manicured and the pools and hot tub cleaned regularly. Laundry facilities are located at ground level and a “grab and go” convenience store can be found near the lobby where you can purchase basic necessities, beverages and snacks at very reasonable prices. I also appreciated the complimentary Keurig coffee machines and fruit in the lobby each morning.
As other TA reviewers have commented, the Alden is not a new resort but it is obvious that the owners have completed upgrades to many of the suites. In the case of Room 619, we noticed that the bathroom door was dirty/dingy (should be replaced) and the ceramic tile baseboards in the bathroom and closet required cleaning. I realize that this type of maintenance is not routine, but it is required periodically, just as we do in our own home.
That being said, The Alden is located in a prime location on beautiful St. Pete Beach, close to many local attractions and restaurants and provides excellent value compared to other nearby resorts. We will seriously consider a return visit to The Alden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida