In my usual quest for hotels/ resorts that are affordable AND offer lots of space for large families I was SO HAPPY to find this place. We were staying in St. Pete Beach for one night & I needed to find a clean, comfortable, roomy hotel right on the beach and this fit perfectly. I spent hours online trying to find the right place & through the help of TripAdvisor and a couple of other sites I narrowed it down to the Alden Beach Resort.
When we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly. Our room was ready early which was a nice surprise. When we got into the room we were amazed at the size. When we first walked in there was the bedroom area with 2 queen beds. There was a door so you could close off the bedroom area. Then the bathroom & closet area. THEN you walk into a nice sized living area with pullout couch, kitchenette, dinette table & balcony (ours overlooked pool). This was plenty of space for our family plus it gave us room to eat dinner we bought from Publix right down the street.
When we went down to the beach we passed 2 pools. They were ok, not fancy resort pools at all but they were fine. We passed a shuffleboard court, basketball court & tennis court. Right by the beach there's a tiki bar and cornhole game is set up.
The beach was nice. Very close to this resort were watersport rentals & a huge kids play area-- water trampoline, etc. We could see it all perfectly from our spot on the beach. I was so glad we stayed right on the beach.
The only thing I didn't like too much (& I know for next time) is we were staying in the first building--it was closest to the street. The buildings start there & the rest go closer to the Gulf. We heard all the street noises at night & the band playing at the bar across the street. It made it a little hard to go to sleep. But once I went to sleep I was fine-- the beds were comfy. I would definitely ask for a building further away from the street and closer to the beach next time.
Also, we are from Palm Beach County and most of our hotels and resorts are so perfect and clean that we get used to that. I grew up in Central Florida and went to Clearwater Beach every weekend so I know that a lot of those hotels & motels are older and don't seem as squeaky clean. Alden was just that-- clean but not polished. It was still a great experience and we would definitely go back! Next time we'll stay longer than one night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alden Suites, located directly on St Pete Beach, is an all-suite getaway experience featuring an array of amenities. Nestled against the blue-green waters and white sand beaches of the Gulf of Mexico you'll find a unique resort that lives up to its inspired surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Alden Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alden Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Alden Beach Resort And Suites
- Alden Resort
- Alden Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida