“Pretty bad” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Pretty bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here with family for 4 nights.
Pros: Nice beach view and beach, Nice pool,Bathroom appeared recently updated, Liked our housekeeper.
Cons: Was told by front desk that we would get a room away from the noise but, in fact, our balcony was right over the bar and the front of our room was right above the pool.The message light on our phones was flashing but there was no message. Was told someone would come up to reprogram the phones but they never came. Covered up the one in the bedroom with a towel so we could sleep.Never received a newspaper as advertised and on the one day I called for one, the desk clerk said they were at the front desk but he would try to find someone to bring one up. Back hurts from old saggy bed and the linens were threadbare. Upon checking my bank account after arriving home, saw that I had been charged $60.00 more than motel total. When I called, the lady said the charge was for "incidentals" and it would be taken off of my account in 2 to 3 days. This was out of the blue as there was no mention of this verbally or in the motel literature.
Won't stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Mokena
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights. No housekeeping. Took our own garbage out. Bathrooms with mold and mildew around tubs . No lock on patio door. Very noisy with people who were not guests using the facilities. Never again...

Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days for our vacation. Great place. We loved it for the location and price. The room was clean and spacious.....not out dated. The only 2 down falls we really had was: 1.)housekeeping did a great job keeping up with cleaning and restocking our towels but never changed the linens of our bed. So by the 2nd or 3rd night you felt sandy from the beach all over again. Next time we will be requesting new linens instead of trying to clean it every night ourselves. 2.) Our last night (Thursday night) in town we wanted to walk the beach and check out the night life scene. Almost every hotel had a lively scene going but when we decided to go back and hang at our bar a little after 10pm it was closed?!?! All and all though it was a nice place to stay. We would recommend and return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MFS0416
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here in May for a long weekend over Memorial Day. We got a great deal on our flight with Southwest Airlines and decided to "splurge" on a room! Awful! Don't do it! The pictures they post online are a lie. The room was just okay - nothing to write home about and certainly not worth $200 a night! I was afraid to walk barefoot in the room because the carpets didn't appear to be very clean. I noticed a dark piece of lint in the corner on the bathroom floor when we arrived on Wednesday - it was still there at checkout on Sunday.

There is a charge of $5.99 for one hour of wireless service. The little convenience store was a joke, my closet is bigger! Although I must say that the store clerk was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Wrexham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

sorry Alden but you are just not up to scratch !!
We were checked in by very pleasant young man, then went to our 'suite'.
The room was dark and dingy. Beds were as soon as you walk through the door, living area afterwards.
the bedding looked cheap old and uninviting. there was a gap of at least an inch under the room door. pool view was the boiler room roof. pool small and crowded. not for us at all :(
Tennis courts looked good, lots of parking. location great on a beautiful beach.
We went to a newer hotel next door.

Gaffney, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Everything was fine at the resort EXCEPT housekeeping. When we checked in our room, there was mold and mildew in the tub. The sheets had balls on them. I slept on the sofa because I could not sleep on such sheets! When housekeeping finally made it to our room around 4 each day they would leave 1 towel for a group of 5. EVERYDAY we had to walk to the office to get more towels. They NEVER cleaned the tub! It would have been a great place to stay for the price if the rooms would have been cleaned and if they had better sheets. The other staff was always willing and happy to help in anyway!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I booked this hotel on Orbitz. I called the hotel to check on the wording of "Run of the House" as was assured that it would be an excellent room. They told me that they could not match the Orbitz price so I hung up and booked the hotel right away. When I checked in and went to the room I noticed that we had what they called a "short porch" balcony. I called down to see if I could switch to a room with a balcony I could sit on. I was told that I could for an up charge. I thought that I had already booked a room with a sit on balcony so I didn't think that I should have to pay the up charge. The manager on duty, Chris, said that they needed the up charge because they were already losing money on our room. I had booked it below their usual price and they needed the up charge to offset their loss. I kept the room and decided that it wasn't going to spoil my vacation. Unfortunately it rained and we found out that our room had an added bonus of an indoor waterfall. The sliding door leaked into the room. Maintenance came right away but it wasn't a quick fix and they told us to just put a towel down.

The bed linens didn't have a very high thread count because they were rough and were covered with fabric pulls. It felt like some of the sand was stuck to the sheets. The two pools were nice but the hot tubs were dirty and had brown foam floating on top.

Aside from these negatives the hotel had an excellent location and the view of the ocean couldn't be beat. It had a ping pong table, beach volleyball, tennis courts, shuffleboard, corn hole, gas grills and a cabana bar. If they could have offered a restaurant and a live band for entertainment it would have been better. St Pete Beach is nice but for more night life Clearwater Beach or Maderia Beach with the John's Pass Boardwalk would be a better choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a balcony you can sit on. Otherwise, you won't be able to.