“Looked only OK....” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Larry's Ice Cream & Gelatos is a family owned and operated ice cream parlor established on ST.Pete Beach in 1984. We are known for our homemade waffle cones , premium ice cream, and authentic Gelato in an olde fashioned parlor atmosphere. We offer glutten free and dairy free items. Larry's is famous for serving a delectable array of fresh gourmet pastries, ice cream sundaes, and olde fashioned milkshakes, and more. From the smell of freshly made waffle cones invigorating the air, to the hot fudge sundaes with a cherry on top- Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream & Gelatos brings back the ambiance and nostalgia of a true ice cream parlor. - Over 80 flavors of Ice cream - Over 30 flavors of 94% fat free all natural Gelato - Over 20 choice of ice cream toppings - Sundaes, specialty sundaes,& Parfaits - Soft serve olde fashioned custard available in 20 flavors (90% fat free), Low-fat frozen yogurt available in 20 flavors (97%fat-free), Homemade pastries & cakes - Hot dogs, burgers, pizza , sandwiches & more.
Toronto, Canada
“Looked only OK....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We dropped by in March to try the ice cream after reading the favourable reviews. Both my husband and I found the interior somewhat unclean and the ice cream looked too soft for my liking. We were not approached for assistance even though it was not very busy. The location with parking lot seating is not to my taste. I can't vouch for the flavour as we decided not try anything - just was not appealing to either of us. Sorry, but I prefer the ice cream parlour in Passe-a-Grille.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alison6595, Owner at Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream & Gelato, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
I am sorry that you decided not sample our ice cream. We pride ourselves in keeping a clean establishment.We are a very busy ice cream shop and serve over 1,000 customers a day.Our employees are friendly ,hardworking and are always cleaning throughout the shift. In regards to our ice cream, we have the best on the beach. Some of our ice creams have caramels, fruit and chocolate fudge swirls, that may make the ice cream look soft, but that is not the case. Our ice cream is at the proper temperature. Our regular customers and repeat vactioners always rave about our gelato , ice cream , and our olde fashioned ice cream shop. On most sunny days and nights, our customers enjoy our outside patio. Eveyrone has their own taste. 99.9% of our guests rave about our ice cream and service .Our customers give us nothing but the best compliments. Our employees always acknowledge our customers and welcome them when they enter our establishment. Again, I'm sorry you didn't give us a chance. You missed out on experiencing the best ice cream on the beach. Our high quality products, great customer service, and family owned ice cream shop have allowed us to be a landmark business for over 30 years.
We were awarded Trip Advisor 2013 Certificate of Excellence .

“Great Ice Cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We've been Larry's customers for 30 years, making multiple visits every time we're in the Tampa Bay Area. We currently visit Tampa Bay twice yearly, making multiple 2.5 hr round trips to Larry's. It's that good! Definitely get the homemade waffle cone!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Late night Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Wow, Larry's has always had great ice cream, but last night I tried their Gelato and it's the best I've tasted yet. Must have been 40 or more flavors to 'taste test' which they gladly let you do. I settled on Italian Pistachio and Salted Caramel and I was a happy campter!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Drive by”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Vanilla was favorless and gooey. Tasted like freezer burn. Definitely not worth $4 a scoop. Dirty floor. Not worth stopping to try.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alison6595, Owner at Larry's Olde Fashioned Ice Cream & Gelato, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Candice,

I'm sorry you didn't like our vanilla bean gelato. People always rave about our gelato and should you still be in the area, I hope you'll stop in so you'll be one of them.
Waitsfield
“Gtreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

They had so much stuff in their shop. It all looked great. Lots of great pies, cakes ice cream. Could have stayed all night and eaten my heart out.

Visited March 2014