I've just returned from my week's stay at the Beachcomber hotel. If you are looking for 5 star/high class accomodations, keep going. But if you are looking for great value for money, excellent location right on the beach, pretty grounds, good food, and live entertainement on site, then this is the place for you.
The hotel is an older Florida hotel, so some things could be updated (kitchenette, bathroom). And I have to admit, the pillows have seen their better days and the towels and facecloths are pretty rough on the skin (they haven't been fluffy or soft in a long time), but the excellent staff ( kudos especially to the sister team of Kaissy and Darlene at the beach bar, you are awsome), beautiful surroundings, great food at the sportsbar, and great daily live entertainement at the beach bar (rain or shine) makes up for the short comings.
As a solo female traveller, I never felt out of place or nervous or anything at all that would have put a damper on my vacation. The fact that there is entertainement on site is a bonus because you don't have to leave the property for nightlife. There are many restaurants and shops all within walking distance, so a car is not even needed. The beach trolley stops right in front of the hotel though for those days you don't want to walk. There is a 7-11 right accross the street for those in room snacks and beverages. And there is even a small coin operated laundry mat on site for those extended stays.
There was a review recently that showed pictures of the "view" that the guest had. It was of the parking lot and a garbage bin. Everybody has this view....because that is the view from the back window of your hotel room. All rooms have floor to ceiling front windows of the grounds and/or pool! But they also have great blackout drapes that stop the light from coming in and provides total privacy.
Will I return? Definitely.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.