First impressions, we arrived late on a Friday afternoon, and the party was on. That would have been OK if I was single with buddies living on the edge. "The Key West atmosphere." It didn't seem to be the kind of place for family and young kids. Locals visit the bar and wonder around the hotel, walking by your room, at night. You may see the Police removing a guest or 3. Holidays and weekends are probably the biggest party times. Eventually, I realized the staff was very good at running the partiers; not the other way around.
Once I understood how it worked, I was OK. Guest and staff were genuine people. Not a place for the uppity. An afternoon with the kids in the unique pool is as good as it gets. Palm trees, thick green grass, flowers, and and coconuts control the atmosphere. Add some music from the afternoon band and you feel laid back..
The rooms are dated, with small bathrooms, etc..., but they are very clean and maintained. With the A/C running all night and the door shut none of the party sounds are heard. We slept like babies. The kitchenette had a dorm room fridge and was dark.
The food is OK. The cooks did what they could with poor quality food. The BBQ in the hotel next door was good.
It is a cool place at a nice price. If you're planning to spend alot of time in a ritzy room looking at the Gulf, this is not the place. If you're planning on relaxing on the beach, pool, and bar, this is the heart of St. Pete Beach.
Eventually places like this get replaced by humongous high rises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida