“Great Workers” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Avon, Indiana
“Great Workers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I just spend 5 nights at your hotel as usual the garden area is beautiful. The workers are wonderful. Just had to give a shot out to two young gentlemen that took care of us..Torre a bartender at Jimmy B's and Danny the waiter at the pool area. Danny was the most professionl and friendly person you could ask for. My partner said he would love to have an employee like him. Torre was a very hard worker and kept everything going.

Room Tip: The rooms are a little older but cannot beat the pool and beach bar. The gardens are beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1,004 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was my 3rd yr. coming to The Beachcomber....what does that tell you? The staff is wonderful and the waitresses & waiters are awesome - especially Kitty Kat!! :-) They wait on you hand & foot and are the friendliest people. Everything you need/want is right there. You don't even need a car unless you want to site see. The rooms are clean, maid service is prompt and kind. Jimmy Bs beach bar is the BEST is Florida if you ask me! What a fun group of workers - Darlene is my favorite! But everyone is awesome! I highly recommend the Beachcomber....you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Garden view and fountain view is all you need
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Southport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed couple of nights while driving up coast and must admit dreadful weather may have coloured our view but we were a bit disappointed having read other glowing reviews.
Quite impressive reception area for what is essentially an outside corridor motel but we found the staff less welcoming than others. Plenty of parking, good beach location, lovely grounds with fountain, two small pools and what would normally be a buzzing beach bar in better weather. Room itself a bit of a let down though, decent size but rather dated, cracked washhand basin, grabrail in shower hanging off, bathroom door would not close, noisy aircon. Fridge and safe in room but hugely surprised to be told that while the safe was free, we had to pay for the key to lock it! $35 deposit and a nominal $2 a day to hire key, you'd hardly think it worth their while for that as it is a bit out of order.
Disappointed overall and would certainly look at alternatives next time, Postcard next door might be worth a look.

Windsor Locks, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We actually moved from the resort we were staying at down to the Beachcomber!! We discovered it while going for an evening beach walk and we heard the music. We ended up going down there for 2 nights for the music and that's when we ended up approaching the front desk regarding availability. From our very first encounter with the staff they were wonderful and welcoming! Very laid back environment, clean. Not stuffy! We WILL be going back-hopefully during the holidays! Love that they have 2 bands a day!!

Room Tip: We didn't need a full kitchen and we were all good with the tropical pool view room.
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I just had a stay at The Beachcomber. I have stayed before & keep coming back. I was meeting with girlfriends from out of town. Each year more girls come to the resort with us. We all love our stay. First of all, I arrived early but I had no problem getting into my room right away so I could start my vacation. To my delight, my room was right outside the pool, which is where I spend my days. The front desk staff was so helpful & very courteous. After I found my friends, I was so happy to spend my day at the gorgeous pool where the pool attendants I met throughout my stay were the best I've seen. Always there to serve you.all of us girls go to Jimmy B's Beach Bar every night. The entertainment is the best around. We always have great bartenders to serve us. They are happy to take care of you. We meet new friends every time we come. You can have good dinners or lunch there on the beautiful beachside deck. Players Club is on the premises also. It's a really fun spots bar if that's what you are into. We had a great time in there watching Monday Night football. The staff couldn't have done more for us& of course you don't have to worry about driving if you stay there. I have made so many new friends since I've come here, it makes it worth booking every year. I have never heard a complaint from anyone I have come across. The resort is clean, safe and fun. There is not moe to say but, I always recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, book a room near the fountain.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was looking for the best place to stay on a (quite) limited budget. As such, I relied heavily on Trip Advisor reviews, as per usual, and I wasn't disappointed. What stands out is the front desk staff...and the service was superb! I would return to the Beachcomber for that reason, if nothing more; but there's plenty more reasons to return.

For a small-ish hotel, the Beachcomber pretty much has it all...from great rates to great food, right on-grounds, to the beautiful beach, right outside your doorway, to the friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ster
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beachcomber is a decent hotel. Rooms are clean and comfy if not a little outdated. Bring your own beach towel because the supplied one is the size of a bar towel so they give you two. This was our third time here in two years. They are currently expanding Jimmie B's Beach Bar so it was quite noisy. This expansion will now block the ocean views from the upstairs beach front rooms. We did not have hot water the first day but they promptly fixed that. They have good music by the pool and at night at the beach bar that is quite good. Good poolside service also, but the prices are high for a regular pour drink. Very limited food menu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!