I have stayed at a number of hotels along the Gulf Blvd on St. Pete's Beach in Florida, the Beachcomber is by far the coolest. You don't even realize once you're inside that you are in the centre of a beach city. You feel like you are on a resort anywhere in the Caribbean. I had checked out the Beachcomber in past visits to the area and was very happy that I ended up choosing it this time. I will most definitely be back. Very friendly staff greet you as you walk in and out. Ava was great at helping us register. No hassle registration over the phone and no hidden fees. The bill was exactly what I expected for our 4 night stay from March 31 to April 4, 2013. It was the first time in 35 years my brother and I had an opportunity to get away and catch up. We took in the beautiful St. Pete's beach everyday with long walks, swam or just sat by one of two pools. Jimmy B's beach bar is right on the beach and we enjoyed delicious food and cool drinks while listening to great afternoon live entertainment by local musicians. Buy the $5 beer glass as a souvenir and you will get a great discount when you continue using the glass. Cool idea. In the evening live bands would play to entertain a very enthusiastic crowd. The rooms were spacious and well taken care off. We had the kitchenette with the fountain view. We also ate at the Players bar which has the same menu as the beach bar. The beach bar food is cooked in the main restaurant at the front of the hotel and couriered by bicycle done the path past the pools to Jimmy B's. Fast, efficient and good. We also took in a comedy night on Wednesday night. It was a blast. worth the money. Security was always present so we felt safe and taken good care off at this family friendly resort. From the "Hat Brothers" thank you to Ava at the front desk, Court (our newest family member lol) and Satin our bar servers to all the staff at the Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel for a fun filled week. Cheers. See you again soon. We also ate at Spinners family restaurant just down the road for the hotel (within walking distance) great home cooked food. Wings is just up the road for all you hats, lotion and souvenirs. Norms liquor is just down the street for your booze. Finally, free cab rides along the Gulf Blvd! So no need to drink and drive. Just tips them and they love you. Enjoy. I hope this review helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Priceline, HotelsClick, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel Saint Pete Beach, Florida