My wife and I stayed at the Beachcomber from 18-21 Jan. I will say we were somewhat worried based of a few of the reviews that we read. When we arrived we knew that we picked the right place. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the start. We were able to check in @ noon and were upgraded from the basic supersaver room to a partial gulf view room (2nd floor allows for a partial view). Although the rooms are dated and could probably use a little updating...the rooms are clean with a bed, TV, fridge, and bathroom which is all we needed. You don't go to the beach to hang out in your room do you?? Like I said the hotel is very clean with well kept grounds and two very nice pool areas...one being more of a quiet pool and the larger pool which is right next to the beach bar. Jimmy D's beach bar is a party spot with 2 live bands daily...the food is decent (which comes from the Players sports bar) and the drinks are slightly overpriced but it is a hotel so that's to be expected. Player's sports bar was nice as well. One thing you can't beat is the location. You are right on the Gulf of Mexico...the only down fall would be having to rent the beach cabanas which are $18/day but if you're a swift talker like me you can get them down to $12 or $15. The beach is very nice for a US beach...we are spoiled by travelling to the Caribbean 2-3 times a year but we were very pleased with St Pete Beach (especially the sunsets!!). Long story short if you're looking for an affordable and nice place on the beach to kick back on a 4 day weekend then look no further than the Beachcomber. My wife and I have already decided whenever we want a quick 3-4 day getaway the Beachcomber will once again have our business. If I were to fish for a legitimate complaint I guess it would be the parking situation which on either side of the property can get a little tight but for the most part we were able to park in the front of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel Saint Pete Beach, Florida