“Great Place For Young Adults” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Resort   |   6200 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Champlin, Minnesota, United States
“Great Place For Young Adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was perfect for what my boyfriend and I were looking for... a fun, laid-back, romantic beach vacation! The atmosphere was like one big awesome party. It was wonderful to be able to hear the bands playing from the beach. If you are looking for a place full of little kids or a quiet vacation, this may not be for you, but for us, it was a welcome change of pace. The service was also excellent. I am not sure why people have reviewed this as a bad hotel, and whoever said you have to pay for parking, that isn't true. We had totally free parking. People who stay here and complain about the beach bar being noisy should not be staying in a hotel with a beach bar. The hotel is very honest and detailed with its advertisements as being a great party spot. I have yet to find a hotel with such a friendly atmosphere. The level of cleanliness and service was the same as Disney World's resorts that I have stayed at. This was a pleasant surprise. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

i was here a few months ago and wrote a favorable review on that visit but after reading some not-so-great reviews since then, i was hesitant on booking with this hotel again. i had no reason to worry. the employees here were as pleasant as before and this place was just as clean and comfortable. i dont know what happened with the bad reviewers, but i'm sure those were rare situations. i will stay at this hotel again, without hesitation.

Room Tip: if you're worried about the late night music and crowds, then stay on the second floor, closest...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The price and location seemed like a deal. I met friends at the property and found out upon check-in that it would cost an additional $30 for me to park my car. The room was clean but grungy. The bathroom tiles were stained with mildew. The property is 3 stories; however, there is no elevator. The on-site beach bar was very loud and open until 2:00AM. I barely got any sleep.

I left very quickly in the morning and in my haste left a designer dress hanging in the closet. I called later in the afternoon to try and track it down. It took 3 phone calls to get the right person on the phone. I was very rudely told that it was not turned it. I asked if they could check the closet for me and was told no.I understand it was my fault for leaving it, but the attitude I got from the staff for asking about it was completely unnecessary.

There are many other options on the beach so I will avoid this hotel in the future and would suggest other reasonable people do the same.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Family of 7 stayed here from August 18th through August 26th. We were in rooms directly across from the bar and loved sitting out on our patio listening to the music every night. The staff is A1 from the maintenance guys to the manager. All did everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible... We used the pools, went to the Sports bar and to the beach bar, and used the laundry facilities. Noise from the bar can't be heard with the room door closed and air on but I would suggest families with children book on the opposite side of the hotel because of the people traffic. We will return!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Bremen, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have been going to St. Pete Beach for 5 years and have always stayed at Beachcombers. Some years we even went 5 times in one year. We have so much fun with all the staff. they all make you feel at home. we will never stay anywere else in St. Pete Beach.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
West Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the beachcomber resort from 9/7 to 9/11. This is my 5th time staying here and it won't be my last. Check-in was easy and took under a minute ( really did) I was off to my room which was located next to the big pool. The Maintenence staff at this resort work constantly but they don't get in the way and you hardly notice them. Maintenence staff always asked how my stay was going and were very polite and professional. Grounds are excellent, pool always clean, rooms very clean and showers thoroughly cleaned everyday i was there. The staff were all friendly and always asked if I needed anything. Great place to stay and the price is one of the best on st pete beach

Room Tip: If you are traveling with just carry on luggage don't bother packing things like shampoo,toothpa...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Davenport, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is the first time that we stayed at the Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel and we thought this was a great place to stay directly on the beach. At first, I had mixed feelings about booking based on some of the negative feedback from other travelers but I am glad that we ended up staying at the Beachcomber. We really enjoyed ourselves.

The Beachcomber is located directly at the Gulf of Mexico and it's only a short walk to the beach across the boardwalk The entire property is clean and very nicely landscaped. We stayed in one of the rooms on the groundfloor across from one of the 2 pools, right next to Johnny B's bar. The room was small, not much bigger than a standard motel room, and a little bit dated (maybe 1990s style) but it was comfortable and clean, and honestly, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room as we came for the beach and the ocean. The room came with a small kitchenette which had a sink, 4-burner stove, small fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in addition to a small round table and 3 chairs. We really liked having the small kitchenette as we were able to prepare some meals and didn't have to go out to eat all the time.

Having a beach bar (Johnny B's) right next to the Beachcomber's was a nice touch, and we enjoyed that. We tried a couple of mixed drinks which were all very good, quite pricey though but we decided to splurge a little. We also enjoyed their nightly free sunset shooters and the daily live entertainment at Johnny B's. The live music usually started around 3:30 p.m. and went on until 11 p.m. We also went to the sister hotel, Grand Plaza, down the street as we got a voucher from the Beachcomber for a free drink.

The staff at the Beachcomber was very nice and helpful. Checking in and out was a breeze. When we arrived, two of their staff members immediately helped us with our luggage and carried it to our room. Parking was a little tricky. There is not a lot of parking but we managed to get a parking spot in the back, and once we parked, we didn't move the car until we checked out, and really there was no need to drive anywhere since everything (bars, restaurants, shops, etc) is within walking distance.

Overall, we thought it was a great place to stay on the beach for a reasonable price, and we would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!