After reading all the previous reviews, I wasn't sure if our anniversary was going to go as well as I planned. What a wonderful surprise it was to find out it went better than planned! The Beachcomber is a great hotel with an excellent location. We were centrally located on the strip which made it convenient for beach and restaurant access. Food and drink prices were a little steep at Jimmy B's but the entertainment and relaxing vibe was worth it. Beer by the can was cheap but we opted for the Piña Coladas which were $6.95 a pop. The beach access was convenient and we just brought our loungers and a beach chair. Cabana rentals were $18 a day and didn't seem worth it. The beds were comfortable and clean. The room had a fridge, a coffee pot and a hairdryer. The room also had basic cable and wifi. All the staff from our front desk clerk, Amanda, to the barstaff (thanks Kelly!) to our cleaning lady were all pleasant and courteous. There is also a 7-11 right across the street for beer and wine. My only recommendations fir our 2 night stay would be to bring your own booze and beach chairs. People have complained earlier about the parking. It really wasn't bad. If you stay on the strip to eat your meals, be prepared to pay higher prices. We actually went off the strip and ate at the Outback in N St Pete and got 2 full dinners and 4 glasses if wine for $35 which was a steal compared to eating lunch at Agave for $30 with 2 sodas. The Beachcomber exceeded all expectations and provided a great anniversary staycation for me and my wife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Beachcomber Beach Resort Hotel is located on 5 1/2 acres of beautifully tropical landscaped gardens. From the first glimpse of the beautiful, white sandy beach and the blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico to the welcoming smiles of all of our associates, you will feel relaxed and glad to be here. The Beachcomber offers rooms overlooking the Tropical Landscaped Gardens, the Swimming Pool, or the white sandy Beach. Each of our guest rooms has two double beds, a small refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, large closet, AM/FM clock radio, Flat Screen TV with free HBO, free local calls, and unlimited wireless internet access. In addition, guest rooms with full kitchens are available. The kitchen rooms have the same amenities as a standard plus: a microwave, toaster, stove with oven, dining table with chairs for 4, and all necessary kitchen ware. There are NO hidden resort fees and NO parking fees. There are two heated swimming pools with chaise loungers, an on-site fitness center, an on-site guest laundry facility, complimentary coffee served daily in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Beach Resort And Hotel
- Beachcomber Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel Saint Pete Beach, Florida