“My stay at Driftwood Motel apartment” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Pete Beach
Driftwood Motel Apartments
Save Saved
You added Driftwood Motel Apartments to your Saves list
660 76th Avenue, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Conway, New Hampshire
“My stay at Driftwood Motel apartment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Driftwood was great. It's tucked away on a very quiet dead end st. and right next to the bay where there is a park with benches to fish or whatever. It is also within walking distance to everything you could need. Beach is about a 3 block walk.
Our room was a 1 bedrm, very CLEAN and updated, fully stocked kitchen, full bedrm set with a queen bed, cable and internet with a flat screen tv. We loved the grounds. Very tropical and well kept with a nice court yard. We booked here for next year as we really enjoyed our vacation and the peace and quiet the Driftwood provided.

Room Tip: If your looking for quiet and peaceful vacation this is the place.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

We stayed at the Driftwood Apartments & Motel over Memorial Weekend. This place is just a bit removed from the other motels/hotels, it is on 76th Ave on a dead end street from the water. There is a fishing park at the end of the street, so no beach to swim, you have to go over to at least 69th or so for that, but lots of fishing going on. It is within walking distance of a grocery store, Walgreens, Philthy Phils, & Woody's, probably about a 5 minute walk.

This place has 6 apartments, 4 - 1 bedrooms & 2 - 2 bedrooms I believe. We were in a 1 bedroom apartment. We did get this place as a walk up so they were not expecting us there. The owners happened to be there doing some work for the weekend so we lucked out.

It is a fairly small apartment. It says it sleeps 4 because there is a double bed in one bedroom and a pull out couch in the living room. I don't think anyone could sleep comfortably on that couch though. I think it is most adequate for 2.

There is tile in the living room & kitchen & carpet in the bedroom. LR has a recliner, couch, tv with cable & vcr. Kitchen is a fully stocked kitchen with most everything you may need. BR has a dresser, closet, end table & double bed. Bathroom had a stand up shower, no tub.

All units surround a middle pool that is pretty nice. There is some patio furniture around the pool and a barbecue area with a table & grill available. I noticed the apartments were very sound proof, but the owner told me that 2 of the units that were the loft weren't quite as quiet.

The place wasn't fabulously clean when we got in, but like I said they weren't expecting us and didn't have a maid before us so the lady had to try to clean up. The cost was $85 plus 12 % tax and then they add a $50 cleaning fee. I thought the price could have been a bit lower because of the location or drop the cleaning fee. Without a vehicle here you have to do quite a bit of walking to get to the middle where all the "action" is or to a swimmable beach. I like out of the way places though so this worked for me and we had a car.

The owners were really nice and they did have a couple of other properties that I wouldn't mind checkin out although I am not opposed to staying at the Driftwood again.

The only downfall I could see about this place was if it was full and everyone was out in the courtyard at the same time or in the pool, there would not be a lot of room as it was kind of close quarters. The pool is literally 5 steps from your door. Believe me, I had to chase my baby away from there many times!

The owners were really nice, made sure we had what we needed and visited with us for awhile. But I don't believe they are always there, in fact he said it was the first time they were there all year.

Been to Driftwood Motel Apartments? Share your experiences!