“Casual Fine Dining” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Luna Bistro

Cafe Luna Bistro
6700 Gulf Blvd., Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706 (Formerly Cafe Luna)
+1 727-360-7500
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Vegetarian, Pizza & Pasta, Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Cozy bistro dining in the heart of St.Pete Beach, serving the freshest seafood & aged steaks. Eclectic menu to suit all tastes, with gluten free & vegetarian options available. Casual/upscale, with soft lighting & low music, perfect for a relaxed night out.
Wilmington, Delaware
“Casual Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I had had a wonderful meal there some four years ago. So, when she and my sister-in-law were attending a convention down the road, I suggested we stop by and lucked out in getting the only table not booked. The luck continued in the best meals we had while staying on the beach. Obviously prepared with care, and served the same way. Worth every dollar. The key lime "pie" desert is a must.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“This is definitely not a "cafe" it is a great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We have just come out of & found a real gem in the st pete's crown of restaurants Alan & his staff deliver their eclectic & interesting menu with enthusiasm & class the ambience is really good the food though takes pride of place we will definitely revisit during our stay

Ann Arbor Michigan
“Good ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and booked a table for two. Th erestaurant is in a little shopping plaza right on busy Gulf Boulevard, but once you step inside, you forget it's busy outside.

It was a pleasant experience from the get go. The owner himself greeted us and showed us to our table immediately. The music playing and the decor were just very light and upbeat, modern and clean.

After we chose our drinks and food, we were given the usual bread and olive oil for dipping, but both of them were a cut above what you would normally find, the olive oil especially had a nice twist to it.
The staff were so pleasant and professional, just quietly efficient without being intrusive. They kept everything moving at a timely pace even though I don't think there were more than three of them and the restaurant was almost full.

The meal when it came was very attractively presented without being over the top and the food was delicious.
The only negative was a minor one. I ordered the insalata caprese and because the chef had used large Florida tomatoes, I think, they were a bit a tasteless as such tomatoes are and made the salad a bit too much to eat. A smaller Campari tomato would have been better.
But the whole experience was very pleasant and similar to a European restaurant, relaxed, attention to food quality and unobtrusive service.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Devon
“Our first choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

As regular travellers to this part of the world we always choose to eat here 3 or 4 times each trip.

It offers an intimate atmosphere coupled with excellent personal service.

Over the years, we have tried most of the menu options and have never been disappointed. The steaks and fish dishes are outstanding and always prove an excellent choice. Both the appetizers and desserts are delicious and the mouth watering key lime dessert on offer on our last visit was as I wife put it "to die for".

Their wine list offers a good selection of both domestic and imported and should satisfy most tastes.

However, our only minor criticism is that the background music could always be improved.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was traveling on business, dining alone. I am used to being escorted to the worst tables or asked to sit at the bar. Instead, I was graciously seated and offered a sweet table by the window.

The wine list is adequate with a nice range and the wines by the glass were quite acceptable. I was deciding between several options but the server highly recommended the grouper with crab. I was very skeptical. But as I wasn't that hungry I figured if I didn't like it, it was no big loss.

Unbelievable!!! The fish was so fresh and delicately cooked, there were lumps of fresh crab meat the size of my thumb! The sauce had a perfect balance of savory and acidity. I devoured the entire dish.

Only because it was so good, I ordered dessert. Again, the server suggested something I would never order.....the key lime pie dessert. I've tried KLP many times and I just dont get it. But, again, as I wasn't that hungry I figured what the heck, I'm don't really need it so whatever. Whatever indeed........I was madly scooping the last crumbs when the server checked back. It was served in a martini glass, crumbled graham crackers on the bottom, a rich sweet filling, tipped with key lime meringue and whipped cream. It was so good I almost ordered another!!

I look forward to trying something from there steak menu on my next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere