“Our April Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf Tides Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Pete Beach
Gulf Tides Inn
You added Gulf Tides Inn to your Saves list
600 68th Ave, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Carbonear, Canada
“Our April Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I have been spending the month of April at this little gem for many years. We feel very fortunate to have discovered the Gulf Tides Inn with its cozy, comfortable and congenial atmosphere, plus its great location near the beach. Our hosts, Dave and Adele,are more than owners ,as they treat their guests with a personal touch..They are knowledgeable and willing to help with any questions we may have. The "April" group of guests who also return each year, are a joy to vacation with. What more can I say? This is where we choose to stay year after year.
Glenda P

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I recently vacationed to St Pete's Beach to celebrate our 15 year anniversary. We searched and searched for a place to stay that would offer a close proximity to the attractions and wouldn't be over-run with people. I was a little nervous not having an online reservation system but after speaking to the owner, Dave, I quickly understood the why behind it. Dave has one of the most unique hotels I have ever stayed in. His personal touch, customer service and availability was absolutely second to none. I've been a Platinum rewards member of both Marriott and Holiday Inn (IHG) so I have see how good a name brand can get (and how bad). Dave will not check you in until he gives you a personal tour of the room / unit and answers any and all questions you may have. We asked for some suggestions on dinner and he pointed out the touristy places as well as some hidden gems that are off the beaten path but well worth it. The amenities were unbelievable - full kitchen, gas grill, in ground pool, beach chairs to use when where you would like, books in the office that you could borrow. I see why so many of his customers come back year after year. We plan on returning to St Pete's Beach with the kids next time and without a doubt will be staying again at Gulf Tides.

Room Tip: I toured both the 1 bed and studio's - both were perfect for a stay at the beach. The only fact...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just returned from an overnight stay at Gulf Tides Inn. We would have liked to stay longer! Dave greeted us at the pool gate when we pulled up and helped carry luggage to the room. He gave us great dinner suggestions and overall was a wonderful host. I love his philosophy... he wants to keep the accommodations affordable so that his guests can enjoy other things, like a nice meal, while they are on vacation.

This is not a "5 star resort." I give it a 5 start review because this inn is what is is supposed to be... a small, family oriented place near the beach. It has what you need for a vacation. It's clean and comfortable and in a great location.

The only downside for us was that we were getting up very early in the morning (5 am) to run a race at Fort DeSoto, and there were other guests that were in the pool and the courtyard rather late, so it was difficult for us to get to sleep... if you are early risers and need your sleep, you may want to bring some ear plugs.

We will be back with our son next time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Olive Branch, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our family of four left Gulf Tides Inn this morning for the trip back home, and we're already planning our next stay! We stayed for a week, and I can attest to the accuracy of the reviews on TripAdvisor. The complex is located within walking distance of the beach, it is a clean, well maintained facility, the pool is literally right at your door, and Dave really goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. After you stay for a day or two, it is clear why this establishment is the #1 rated hotel in St. Pete Beach, and has won a national award for excellent service. It's so refreshing when a business lives up to its reputation. My advice to you is this: if you're looking to stay in the St. Pete Beach/Treasure Island area, don't think twice- Gulf Tides Inn is your ONLY option!

Room Tip: This is a small (10 room) complex, and all 10 rooms are strategically located around the pool. You...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bay Roberts, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

For anyone considering booking at Gulf Tides, I would not hesitate. Our family of four went in June for 10 days with friends who go there annually and we had such a relaxing time. Having the pool so close to the rooms is great, making it perfect for families with kids. The rooms are very clean, and the service and knowledge that Dave provides is exceptional. He is always there to make sure everything is ok. We felt so "at home" during the entire visit. We enjoyed it so much so that we are looking into going again next year. For those wanting to visit the beach, it's only a 2 minute walk but you'll love the pool. Thanks Dave for everything! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 7 and 8 have an adjoining door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pavo, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband, our grandson and his friend recently spent 2 nights at the Gulf Tides Inn and we all had a wondeful time. I loved the cleanliness of our room, our grandson so enjoyed being able to step out our door and into the pool and my husband loved sitting out in the courtyard in the morning with his coffee. Dave was probably the most conscientious host that I have ever encountered. My husband and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Gulf Tides Inn during our first trip to St. Pete Beach. This is such a great place to visit, we can't wait to go back! The rooms are immaculate, and since all 10 rooms open onto the courtyard, you are only a few steps away from the pool. Dave is an awesome host, offering tips on restaurants, sightseeing, etc. He was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. Every guest we encountered had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. The inn is just a short walk from the beach, so you don't have to pay any parking fees. Loved having a full kitchen, although since we only stayed a short time, we didn't really get to take advantage of it on this trip. We tried several restaurants in town and had great meals at all of them. Our favorites were Dockside Dave's (the grouper sliders were awesome!) and the Brass Monkey in Pass-a-Grille (the food was very good, but the view was amazing!). We're already planning our next visit so we can bring the rest of the family! Our sincere thanks to Dave for an fabulous stay!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gulf Tides Inn? Share your experiences!