“Awesome!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Long Key Beach Resort & Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Pete Beach
Long Key Beach Resort & Motel
3828 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Tallahassee
“Awesome!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The family that owns Long Key are so accommodating and pleasant people. We have been staying at this wonderful little place for roughly 25 years. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always extremely accommodating. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in St. Pete beach. The view is amazing and the beach is right off the pool deck. The property is very well maintained and the landscape is lush and beautiful. They have an awesome three story deck and provide grills if you need them. This place is not a stuffy hotel or some chain hotel where the staff could care less. These people have a vested interest in making people's vacation the best vacation ever. Thank you Roman, Lottie, Alicia and Sylvia for making us always feel like family and making our vacations amazing!

• Stayed July 2012

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Peoria Heights, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at Long Key for many years and contrary to what some may say the hotel staff are great!! We are treated like family when we go back every July but that could be because we also treat them like we would want to be treated. The pool area is great and the rooms are comfortable, even for people like us that cook in our rooms almost every night!! It is close to grocery stores and plenty of places to go and eat if that is what you would like to do. The beach is just a few steps out your door too!! Now where are you going to find that with a great price too!! We will keep going back every year because whenever we have a problem they are right there to help us!! It is our home away from home with our second family...we would stay no place else in St, Pete Beach!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am a local in the St. Pete area and a few of my friends came from out of town for a long weekend and decided to stay here. They asked me and another friend to come over and hang out with them at the beach there at this motel. When we got there we had some beach chairs and a bag, etc. My friend specifically told me take the path around the side of the building and come down to the sand to put our stuff down. Told me her room number and to let staff know who we were there to see. So, we go down the path and realize that we have to walk through the pool area to get to the sand. Immediately a man came running out and started screaming at us. Yelling that we were trying to "sneak in" to their pool. We calmly told him that was not the case and gave him the room number and name of our friends and told him we would be happy to go check in at the front desk. He continued to yell, said we were lying, that there was no way our friends told us to walk down the path, etc. One thing that did seem to surprise him and perhaps make him angrier was that we in fact did know the name and room number of these guests. BECAUSE WE WERE TELLING THE TRUTH! Anyway, we decided we would just leave all together after being treated like 14 year olds sneaking into the neighbors pool. It didn't matter what we said or did, he was just angry. I immediately called my friends and let them know what happened and we met them later that night somewhere else. They will never stay there again, nor will I ever recommend anyone to stay there since I am a local. I understand totally that maybe some kids might try to sneak in, etc. and that my friends should of just had us go to the desk first before bringing our chairs to the sand. Now I wonder though how we would've been treated either way. Also, if that pathway is Not for any customers or people to use, Put a damn sign up or lock the pool gate!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Waukesha, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have stayed at Long Key Beach Resort many times before, and have just booked our next trip. We love the beach and pool which is where we spend most of our time. Yes, as others have mentioned, this is an older place, but very well taken care of.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tuscola, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in April and will be back for 3 nights in August. My wife doesn't stay in a hotel unless its a Westin, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. Well, this is definitely not one those, but it didnt matter. Heck, I think it only has 15 to 18 rooms, total! Great location on the beach, great pool and each room is like having your own apartment. The place was clean and well maintained. Nice play to relax, enjoy some sun, beach and a cocktail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Look, this motel is not going to suit everyone's tastes. I traveled with my husband and 2-yr-old, and I'd certainly stay there again. I knew what I was paying (not a lot), and I didn't expect much. Yet, my expectations were exceeded for the most part. The beach: gorgeous. The pool: great. Landscaping: lovely. People, it's Florida, where humidity reigns supreme. You can walk into the Don Cesar up the beach, pay 4x as much, and still get that "Florida smell." I commend Roman for providing what he does for what he charges. (Okay, the shower needed help, but I wasn't there to shower.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

For starters the doors stuck, making it hard for the keys to work, the rooms smelled, the decoration of the rooms was awful, it was very loud and the beds were cheap and flimsy, not a good value for the money,

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Long Key Beach Resort & Motel? Share your experiences!