“Hostile, rude, angry staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Long Key Beach Resort & Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Pete Beach
Long Key Beach Resort & Motel
You added Long Key Beach Resort & Motel to your Saves list
3828 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Hostile, rude, angry staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am a local in the St. Pete area and a few of my friends came from out of town for a long weekend and decided to stay here. They asked me and another friend to come over and hang out with them at the beach there at this motel. When we got there we had some beach chairs and a bag, etc. My friend specifically told me take the path around the side of the building and come down to the sand to put our stuff down. Told me her room number and to let staff know who we were there to see. So, we go down the path and realize that we have to walk through the pool area to get to the sand. Immediately a man came running out and started screaming at us. Yelling that we were trying to "sneak in" to their pool. We calmly told him that was not the case and gave him the room number and name of our friends and told him we would be happy to go check in at the front desk. He continued to yell, said we were lying, that there was no way our friends told us to walk down the path, etc. One thing that did seem to surprise him and perhaps make him angrier was that we in fact did know the name and room number of these guests. BECAUSE WE WERE TELLING THE TRUTH! Anyway, we decided we would just leave all together after being treated like 14 year olds sneaking into the neighbors pool. It didn't matter what we said or did, he was just angry. I immediately called my friends and let them know what happened and we met them later that night somewhere else. They will never stay there again, nor will I ever recommend anyone to stay there since I am a local. I understand totally that maybe some kids might try to sneak in, etc. and that my friends should of just had us go to the desk first before bringing our chairs to the sand. Now I wonder though how we would've been treated either way. Also, if that pathway is Not for any customers or people to use, Put a damn sign up or lock the pool gate!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Waukesha, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have stayed at Long Key Beach Resort many times before, and have just booked our next trip. We love the beach and pool which is where we spend most of our time. Yes, as others have mentioned, this is an older place, but very well taken care of.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tuscola, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night in April and will be back for 3 nights in August. My wife doesn't stay in a hotel unless its a Westin, Marriott, Hyatt, etc. Well, this is definitely not one those, but it didnt matter. Heck, I think it only has 15 to 18 rooms, total! Great location on the beach, great pool and each room is like having your own apartment. The place was clean and well maintained. Nice play to relax, enjoy some sun, beach and a cocktail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Look, this motel is not going to suit everyone's tastes. I traveled with my husband and 2-yr-old, and I'd certainly stay there again. I knew what I was paying (not a lot), and I didn't expect much. Yet, my expectations were exceeded for the most part. The beach: gorgeous. The pool: great. Landscaping: lovely. People, it's Florida, where humidity reigns supreme. You can walk into the Don Cesar up the beach, pay 4x as much, and still get that "Florida smell." I commend Roman for providing what he does for what he charges. (Okay, the shower needed help, but I wasn't there to shower.)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

For starters the doors stuck, making it hard for the keys to work, the rooms smelled, the decoration of the rooms was awful, it was very loud and the beds were cheap and flimsy, not a good value for the money,

• Stayed June 2012
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

For those travelers who count their pennies, this is a pretty good bet. The apartments (suites) are of a reasonable size and some connect for extended family parties. They are clean and fairly well equipped except for cookware. The furnishings are comfortable if a little faded and worn. You will want a room that faces out onto the lush center courtyard or one of the 3 that faces out on the gulf. The nicest feature of the motel is the pool area. It is next to the beach, and has a little waterfall and lots of lounge chairs. There are a couple of grills and some picnic tables. The motel has quite a few loyal guests. We met one couple that had been coming for 15 years and another for 20. Roman, the proprietor, is about the hardest working person I have ever seen. He moves at double time all day long.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jackson Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Nice place,an older style florida motel,with a great manager,Roman,and nice Florida style grounds.It has a nice pool and a triple level deck,where you watch the sunset,catch rays or lounge in the shade to escape the midday sun.It has a bbq,if you choose to cook,and lounge chairs for your relaxation.The room we stayed in had a full kitchen,large living/sleeping area,was nice,clean and comfortable.The place is right on the beach and doing the nightly sunsets is a plus.It has its own house egret,Charlie,who walks the grounds every morning.The prices are fair and there is parking.Remember this is and older place,but it is spacious and clean and cool[good ac].The outdoor deck can get a bit crowded if families rent that week,but no problem,just go down to the beach.We bought 2 beach chairs from Publixs for about $13.00 each.We brought our own beach towels,but you can get them for about $5.00 each at walgreens.We would definitely return again.We love St.Pete beach and the Gulf.My only con is the family that decided to play their radio loud enough to destroy the natural peace and beauty of the place.Get an mp3 player with headphones,nobody wants to listen to your music,the boom box era has passed,be considerate of your fellow vacationers.
Give this hotel a try,you're gonna like it.

Room Tip: front room by pool area lets you see the beach and sunset from the comfort of your living room.