“Good location on St. Pete Beach” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$5.00 BEST Rate Promise
GreenLeadersGold level
Savannah
“Good location on St. Pete Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

The location was really convenient with the beach just across the street. We enjoyed walking on the beach, and there were several beach bars within a block or two to view the beautiful sunsets. We were traveling with our pet and could walk to a park that was just a block away. The room was clean. Management was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, Owner at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for visiting the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay, but a lot have changed since you were last here. This property has been taken over by the Czyszczon Family in April 2010.

Since April.2010, we have completely gutted the entire property and have renovated everything including pool area, decks, piers, walkway, completely new rooms with LCD’s, granite kitchens and bathrooms, and much more. The property is really a gem and I encourage everyone to please visit our new website and view are new photos.

Please disregard all the negative comments and bad photos before April.2010. And we look forward to seeing you at our new property.

Robert Czyszczon
General Manager/Owner
Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach

Plaza Beach Resorts - A collection of Boutique Resorts
Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort
Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort
Bay Palms Waterfront Resort
***Stay at ONE Resort, Play at all THREE Resorts***

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Newfoundland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

This is our second trip together to St. Pete Beach. This year we decided to stay somewhere more economical without sacrificing ammenities that we enjoy. Bay Palms has everything and more. We were a little worried about some of the old reviews on Trip Advisor, but Steve (the manager) assured us that the rooms are newly renovated and under new ownership. We had a lovely room (although the bed was a little uncomfortable). We had kitchen ammendities, a flat screen TV and a view of the Bay, which was a nice surprise as we stayed on the beachside the previous year. The large deck and pool was lovely. My boyfriend had his heart set on having a BBQ, but the BBQ was not very clean. He mentioned it to the manager and he got it taken care of immediately. I found the owners were concerned as to whether we had a good stay at their resort. My only complaint was that a small investment of memory foam on the bed would have made this stay PERFECT!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We had a great time. It was very quite and quaint place. The dog had a great time too. Took him to dog beach Fort Del Soto Park. Best place ever for a dog.Definitley reccommend this place again.

South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

I am so glad we stayed at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort! We had originally booked at Bayview, a sister resort, but were upgraded to a suite at the Bay Palms for no extra charge. I was originally hesitant because I had read several "bad" reviews of the Bay Palms but was very pleasantly surprised. We had a 1 bedroom suite with 2 sofa beds in the living room for the kids. The only problem was one of the sofa beds wasn't very comfortable. The bedroom had all new furniture. The owners were wonderful and the service was excellent. We were right across the street from all the business on the Gulf but also enjoyed the peacefulness of a small hotel on the bay. Can't wait to go back!

Chicago,ILL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

As a frequent business traveler I found the hotel very accommodating for me as well as it would be if I were to bring my family down. I was surprised to see a full kitchen in my room and penalty of space to get my work done. The free Wifi had a great signal, the heated pool was overlooking the water, free parking, free small fitness room, everything I needed at a very reasonable rate and walking distance to all the restaurants. Most importantly my room was clean and the staff at both offices were very helpful and outgoing. I will be returning later in the year for another business trip to St Pete Beach and I will definitely choose the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. You get the best value with many amenities.
Mike

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Rooms were clean, kitchen is accomodating for family of 4 (so bring extra utensils), pool is fine, deck is great...my boys had fun timing fishing, hotel accessible to major attractions..beautiful beaches....

Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Never did I receive the promised email conformation! Never was it mentioned the office is closed on Sundays! Never have I been to a resort that it took over an hour to check in because the key was wrong 3 TIMES! NEVER have I had to change rooms without offering compensation! NEVER have i been promised a Queen bed & it only be a double! Never have I taken my dog somewhere with no place to walk her. ( The small grass area next to the parking lot does not count). Never have I left an item and been unable to get it back.(My portable shark Vacuum is no where to be found) NEVER have I felt so RIPPED OFF!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I do apologize for us not being able to find your belongings. We generally very good at keeping goods left behind which is evident in our overflowing lost and found! As for the email confirmation I am sure it could be chocked up to a miscommunication. Sometimes we do not get the email address perfectly right over the phone. Also, there is a huge park to walk your dogs called Lido Park no more than one block away from where you were staying. We apologize if you had a bad experience with keys not working. We hope to gain your business back in the future.

Been to Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!