We live in Mississippi and we believe that the most beautiful beaches in the U.S. are on the Gulf of Mexico beginning around Ft Walton Beach, Florida, continue around the panhandle and down through the tip of Florida. We would normally visit the beaches in the panhandle because they are closer to home, but in 2010, the year of our 25th wedding anniversary, the Gulf Oil Spill occurred in this area. We just could not trust that this would be the best place to spend our special anniversary.
I found Plaza Beach Resorts on the internet that year and we have been back every year (5 years) at the same time (late May) since and plan to continue this tradition in the future. At this time of year, the water is about 4-5 degrees warmer than in the Florida panhandle and the weather at St. Pete Beach is always perfect. We have only seen rain one time (and only an afternoon shower) during our 5 one-week visits! The beaches are clean and well-kept. We have never seen sea weed, jelly fish or anything else that would keep us from getting in the water. At the time of our visits it is stingray season, but we have never had any issue with them.
On our first visit we stayed beach-side at the Plaza Beach Hotel and loved it! Each of the following years we stayed at either Bay Palms or Bayview that are just across the street on the bay. The rooms are always clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The owners and management seem to be great people and are always there to help out.
We have stayed in a different room every year except the last two. Each year, we agree we like the room better than the one before. We enjoy having a kitchen where we have breakfast and lunch, but dine at the local restaurants for our dinner meals. A CVS drug store and Publix grocery that have most anything you might need are within close walking distance of the resorts.
Pets are allowed at the two bayside resorts and even though we have yet to bring our dogs with us, we have thought that we might each year. (We make reservations in January for our trip in May just to be sure we can get the room that we want and do not know if we have somewhere suitable for our pets to stay at that time.)
The sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico are amazing! We love waking up to the sun rising over the bay each morning, spending the day on the beautiful Gulf beaches, eating the delicious fresh seafood at the local restaurants (most within walking distance), fishing in the bay in the evenings and visiting with other guests. This place is truly magical for us and we dream of about our next visit all year long!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is a Florida Tropical boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay, which boasts one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch the Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens to large One bedroom apartment suites. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina Saint Pete Beach, Florida