We came to vacation with our dogs and go to Fort Desoto dog beach. You check in up the block and across the street at the Plaza beachside hotel. The room (215) was beautifully tiled (yay for dog people) and very updated, with a small fridge/freezer and microwave, coffee maker, plates, cups, etc. Bathroom had granite counter, hair dryer with night light, tiled shower stall with nice conditioner, body wash/shampoo and hand soap dispensers, magnifying make up mirror, and room under the vanity for lots of storage. The air conditioner was quiet and we had an individual remote to adjust it. There was also a silent ceiling fan, lots of spotlights on switches, couch, chair, coffee table, and wall mounted flat screen tv.. Room was very quiet and very clean. The place has a large back deck and patio area with pavers, and lots of tables and chairs, set on an inlet. We asked for the light to be fixed on the ceiling fan and for new sheets after the first day (they got sandy), and these was done immediately. The room smelled good and clean. There is a phone number for room service, but we did not use it. We had to leave a $100 cash deposit for the dogs, and it was returned. We also had to pay $25 per dog per night, which is kind of high, but I found a Florida resident special on the hotel website, so we paid $89 base price for the room. From 4 to 5 PM you can go to the beachside Plaza hotel up the block (no dogs there) and have free wine or beer for the happy hour. The location is great, and there is a nice park one block away. Next door is a fantastic Italian bakery/coffee bar (a real one, with Italians speaking Italian) and you can bring the food to the back deck/patio if you have dogs. You can walk to Walgreens and dog-friendly restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. There is a nice pool (no dogs), barbecue grill, fish off the dock, washer/dryers, lots of books in all languages, and you really feel like you're on vacation. They have tried hard to think of everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is a Florida Tropical boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch the Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens to large One bedroom apartment suites. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina St. Pete Beach, Florida