We recently stayed at the Bay Palms for 5 nights. This bay side complex for the most part has been upgraded with many obvious improvements and the unit we stayed in was very clean. We stayed in a 1 bedroom deluxe unit & while our stay was quite comfortable there were just a couple of things we do wish we'd known ahead of time or that could have enhanced our vacation. We had read on their website that our unit offered a full kitchen & use of barbeques. We did our grocery shopping prior to check in since we were early. Unfortunately their full kitchen did not include an oven & their cook-top range was only a small 3 burner unit. I had to try to cook our lasagna as well as chicken fingers & fries in either a small microwave or a single frying pan. Really not full cooking facilities for a family of 5 or 6 if you are hoping to do all of your own cooking to minimize eating out. We had also purchased hamburgers we had hoped to barbeque but found out later that the barbeques are charcoal burning which we were not prepared for. Again a frying pan dinner, which was a bit of a let down when you are anticipating a barbequed hamburger. We were not alone in our disappointment with this discovery as other guests had also thought to have read about gas grills on the website. To add to our cooking challenges, our smoke detector was found in the entry way hall, which doubled as our kitchen. This alarm went off every time we cooked on the stove top or made toast in the toaster on the kitchen counter. We took to toasting our bagels on the living room floor to try to avoid disturbing our neighbors with the alarm. Also would like to note that the pest control service came & sprayed our unit while my husband and I as well as 3 children were in the unit. I came out of the bathroom to see him finishing up & promptly suggested we all go out for awhile as I was concerned about of the safety of this.
I also just wanted to mention that it was a little inconvenient that the office at this complex never seemed to be open. We had read that fishing poles were available for use but were never able to find anyone to obtain the fishing poles from even though we could see them leaning against the glass window within the office. I realize we could have made the trek down the road to the main office to try to find someone who could help us, but you get a little weary of that after a few trips down the road to obtain & then return beach/pool towels at the main resort.
On the plus side, the 3 children with us did enjoy watching other guests, who had brought their own fishing rods, catching fish. The underwater lights at night really do attract a lot of fish and a fellow guest told us that he had seen a dolphin chasing some of these fish by the pier late 1 evening. The deck was a peaceful, quiet area for relaxing. Our unit was very spacious with convenient dispensers for soap/shampoo/conditioner. I have no doubt that a lot of these issues will eventually be addressed as they appear to be working hard at improving their amenities & facilities. However, if I had read about a few of these issues ahead of time, I may have arrived a little better prepared.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated 2011, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is a boutique Key West style resort of only 15 rooms. Directly on Boca Ciega Bay and boasts one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg which is 1500sq feet. Enjoy great fishing, Manatees and Dolphins watching, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the water this makes this resort a perfect destination for relaxation; and Best of All it's Only 200 feet from the beach.Family owned and operated, We are also a proud members of the Superior Small Lodging Association, our local Chamber of Commerce, Florida Green Lodging, TripAdvisor's GreenLeaders and are Approved by AAA for quality and standards.We are centrally located on St. Pete Beach and next to the Dolphin Village Shopping Center with many options for dinning, entertainment, shopping, and sightseeing all in walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.