We were out of luck this season for getting the suite in Bayview Plaza next door, where we spent a wonderful vacation the year before, but we got one in Bay Palms instead. Hooked on the breathtaking vistas through the huge balcony door, we were not convinced, but instead of the huge window we were greeted to more modern appointments, 2 huge flatscreen TV's, three separate rooms, a comfy sofa and a well equipped kitchenette. (Actually, we have found out that the suite in Bayview has since been refurbished with some fresh equipment as well, but we didn't care so much anymore). And we soaked the view of the bayou and its wildlife from the patio instead, which is pleasantly shaded in the afternoon. Everything was kept tidy non-stop, and the room service ladies and maintenance people went out of their way to make sure we had the towels etc., always with a kind word and a smile. The owners themselves can often be seen busy making improvements in their several hotels and making sure the guests are OK, without making a fuss about it, either. Nice, friendly people who take good care of the place.
The swimming pool is not something an avid swimmer or a water polo party could knock themselves out in, but it is clean, pretty, and not a sweaty hot soup as pools tend to be in other hotels in Florida.
The parking lot is on the small side, too, but if occasionally there was no spot left, the bigger parking lot of Bayview is literally a few steps away.
There is no proper reception in the hotel open in the late afternoon, but that has never been a problem with us, the reception in the hotel half a block away can be called anytime.
All in all, we loved the place. Next year, however, we will try and make sure we get the suite in Bayview, as nothing beats the little bay's sunrise tickling your feet in the morning :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated this year, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina is a Florida Tropical boutique resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. Boasting one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg at 1,500 square feet. You can enjoy great fishing, watch the Manatees and Dolphins, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the Boca Ciega Bay this makes Bay Palms Waterfront Resort a perfect destination for relaxation, and best of all, it is only 200 feet from the beach. Room types range from spacious studio apartments with Full Kitchens to large One bedroom apartment suites. Best of all we have No Surprise Resort Fees, Enjoy everything the Bay Palms has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier use. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2008. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, with a great friendly staff ready to assist you with a genuine Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and Approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as greenleaders gold award from tripadvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is directly in the center of the island. Everything is in walking distance, the grocery store, restaurants and shopping is just across the street. As well as Deep Sea Fishing, Parasailing, Jet Skiing, Dolphin Cruises, Sunset Cruises and many different island cruises visiting the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney and all the Orlando Parks. Also as a guest of the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort including: the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE Beach Cabanas, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. Try us, and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina Saint Pete Beach, Florida