We were out of luck this season for getting the suite in Bayview Plaza next door, where we spent a wonderful vacation the year before, but we got one in Bay Palms instead. Hooked on the breathtaking vistas through the huge balcony door, we were not convinced, but instead of the huge window we were greeted to more modern appointments, 2 huge flatscreen TV's, three separate rooms, a comfy sofa and a well equipped kitchenette. (Actually, we have found out that the suite in Bayview has since been refurbished with some fresh equipment as well, but we didn't care so much anymore). And we soaked the view of the bayou and its wildlife from the patio instead, which is pleasantly shaded in the afternoon. Everything was kept tidy non-stop, and the room service ladies and maintenance people went out of their way to make sure we had the towels etc., always with a kind word and a smile. The owners themselves can often be seen busy making improvements in their several hotels and making sure the guests are OK, without making a fuss about it, either. Nice, friendly people who take good care of the place.
The swimming pool is not something an avid swimmer or a water polo party could knock themselves out in, but it is clean, pretty, and not a sweaty hot soup as pools tend to be in other hotels in Florida.
The parking lot is on the small side, too, but if occasionally there was no spot left, the bigger parking lot of Bayview is literally a few steps away.
There is no proper reception in the hotel open in the late afternoon, but that has never been a problem with us, the reception in the hotel half a block away can be called anytime.
All in all, we loved the place. Next year, however, we will try and make sure we get the suite in Bayview, as nothing beats the little bay's sunrise tickling your feet in the morning :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated 2011, Bay Palms Waterfront Resort is a boutique Key West style resort of only 15 rooms. Directly on Boca Ciega Bay and boasts one of the largest privately owned fishing piers in St Petersburg which is 1500sq feet. Enjoy great fishing, Manatees and Dolphins watching, or dock your boat. With a beautiful pool overlooking the water this makes this resort a perfect destination for relaxation; and Best of All it's Only 200 feet from the beach.Family owned and operated, We are also a proud members of the Superior Small Lodging Association, our local Chamber of Commerce, Florida Green Lodging, TripAdvisor's GreenLeaders and are Approved by AAA for quality and standards.We are centrally located on St. Pete Beach and next to the Dolphin Village Shopping Center with many options for dinning, entertainment, shopping, and sightseeing all in walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Palms Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bay Palm Resort
- Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel And Marina Saint Pete Beach, Florida