“Very Nice Resort For The Money!!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$5.00 BEST Rate Promise
GreenLeadersGold level
Georgia
“Very Nice Resort For The Money!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed there the second week of July. We had a blast! Beach is very close as well as many restaurants that are in walking distance. Some great places that are close by is the Salvador Dali Museum ( wonderful) and the Seminole Hard Rock Casino. The beaches were nice but the thing that I enjoyed the most was that the main office had free beer and wine. It was almost like an all-inclusive but without the all-expensive pricing. Oh yeah this place is pet friendly. I brought both of my dogs and they enjoyed the trip also. Here is a link to the video I took of the resort just copy and paste into browser: http://youtu.be/s3XijwC6XZU

Room Tip: Get a room on the bottom then you can just place your bags over the rail instead of carrying them ar...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Last minute change to hotel plans. Customer Service desk staff were the MOST friendly set of gals I've come across. We travel 4-5 times per year and stay in all sorts of places. This is NOT a Mariott. This is NOT a huge property on the beach. This place makes up for it with 100% charm! Starting off with Cabana chairs on the beach for guests (no charge), play area for little ones (no charge), a big tub of beach toys to use (no charge), chairs to bring down to the water (no charge), fully equipped kitchen, very very clean hotel. I just cant say enough good about it. The only negative I'll say is this. If you are looking for the Ritz, it's not that. If you are looking for a great budget friendly awesome place to try out, go for it, you will not be let down. Sad to be headed up to Disney area today. Wow, did I really just say that??????

Thanks Bay Palms Staff, you were great! Thanks for free beer/wine happy hour & free coffee social in the morning!

Room Tip: I gave it 5 stars on everything. I have NEVER done that before in all my trips.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your Wonderful review. I couldn't of said it any better myself. Thank you for highlighting our front desk staff, I will be sure to share your comments with them. I am very happy that you discovered the Bay Palms Waterfront Resort and its sister resorts. Thank you so much for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you and your family back again soon.

P.S I'm sure you and the family did enjoy Disney, it's a lot of fun, but it is exhausting. I always recommend a vacation after that vacation just to wind-down for a few days.

Thanks again

Robert Czyszczon
Bay Palms Waterfront Resort
Alexandria, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had very high expectations after reading the 4 and 5 star ratings from viewers on here. If I could rate it 3.5, then that's what it would be, but I can only give it a 3. This place was just meh for me. We are used to fancier places, so it was ok and decent for the price. However, I decided to be cheap for our summer vacation this year and sort of regret it.

The place is very clean, which is a plus. The kitchen is nice and new, but in the end we ate out more than we cooked. I did not like the 1990s tropical decor. Reminded me of the Golden Girls. Even cheap Holiday Inn and Comfort Inns have nicer and newer decor than this place. they need to stay with the neutrals and get rid of the floral prints, pink lamps, and fake flowers. Less is more. Nor did I like any of the pools. I did like the pier, which was lovely. The rooms themselves felt very cave-like. After a week here, it felt like we'd been here for a month.

This place is great for families on a budget. I noticed a lot of local Floridians staying here for a couple of days and people who drove from the Mid-west so this place is heaven for them. We flew in for a week, mainly to go to Lego Land for a couple of days, and I thought we would stay at the beach. However, when we were walking on the beach, I found myself always longingly looking at the Don Loews resort. I love resorts with huge fancy pools, so Bay Palms was not my type of place. For some reason I decided to go cheap via Expedia. We are used to price line or other deals where we get $100 rooms at fancy ocean front hotels in Miami, Cancun, or Puerto Rico, so this place did not do it for me. To be fair, I would have to say that places like Fort Myers, St. Pete's, or the west coast of Florida is not my cup of tea. Nor do I like places like VA Beach or Ocean City, MD where I live. I prefer Miami or the Caribbean When my son gets older, then it will be Asia and Europe. However, for its price, Bay Palms is good for families with a budget and people with dogs. I take 3 vacations a year where we fly out so I suppose I am spoiled rotten, but I work hard all year long so I like to spoil myself with prettier hotels than this. This place looked more like a motel or Comfort Inn type place with a kitchen.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose any room with bay view to get more bang for your buck. Don't use the washi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest review. I apologize that you didn't have the large hotel experience with huge fancy pools that you hoping for. But none of our photos and descriptions portray that image. We are an exclusive boutique hotel of only 15 suites where people come to escape from the large hotels and hundreds of people in large fancy pools. Clearly you where in the wrong hotel in the wrong area.
Nevertheless, 99% of the people that do stay with us absolutely love it and become repeat guest. Just like the Hollywood celebrities and others, One day you will get tired of the large hotel hype , and will be looking for quiet exclusive resort to just get away, and we'll be here for you. I know it is not your cup of tea now, but maybe down the line. We'll be here for you and welcome you back in the future.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed in the Deluxe one bedroom suite, was like a little apt. very roomy,clean, quiet. The staff were top notch.This is now our place to stay when in St. Petes.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The resort was recently up dated and was very well done.The one bedroom unit was roomy and comfortable.Deck over looking the bay was quiet and relaxing.I would recommend this nice little retreat to family and friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Keedysville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Booked a night last minute. Customer service for booking and check in were so nice! We requested 2 cribs and they we in our room at check in and came with all the extras! Room was spotless and modern. I wish we would have stayed an extra day. It was so quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
paradise newfoundland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

The Bay Palms Resort was very clean, afordable, close to the beach and on a bus route. We enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: I loved staying there but I found the ice maker a bit noisy at nightime so I would suggest a room aw...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Palms Waterfront Resort - Hotel and Marina? Share your experiences!