“Always a must stop to eat/drink!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Kansas City, Missouri
“Always a must stop to eat/drink!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This joint is a couple blocks off the beach but so fun and tasty! They have THE BEST fish spread around--fresh but not fishy! They are always packed and it's a little loud but the atmosphere is fun! The crab legs special is GREAT! The fried clams are good (and I don't usually like my seafood fried). PJ's has THE BEST GUMBO in a 50 mile radius--It never disappoints and is made fresh daily always with a little different taste! The chowder--also great! The blackened fish is always tasty and the sides are plentiful! I LOVE the drinks at PJ's also...but remember to pull your straw before downing the Rum Runner ;) The only disappointment I ever see is that they use Krab in the their Krab salad--but I must redeem them by saying even though my mom knows it's not real...she orders it EVERY TIME! Love this place!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Albany NY
“Good casual dinner spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stopped here for dinner our first night in St. Pete. I wanted the shrimp scampi, which I loved our last visit. It did not disappoint.

We were there on a Tuesday night and it was busy, but we didn't have any wait to speak of since we were willing to sit at a high-top in the bar area. I got the scampi with a salad and baked potato. My husband got blackened fish (I think grouper), along with a salad and potato. My meal also came with a huge slice of garlic bread, which my husband loved. We were very pleased with our food. Service was fine -- nothing amazing, but we certainly had no reason to complain.

I love their scampi and would certainly go back for that. My husband said this fish was one of the better he had.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shell Lake, Wisconsin
“Sea food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great kid's menu, several different sea food options, broiled, blackened or fried. Different sauces, too, Lobster, crab combos, also steaks, sandwiches, great seafood gumbo, could live on it. reasonable prices.

Visited March 2013
illinois
“Family friendly, average dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

In my opinion, PJ's is an average restaurant. I guess I can sum it up as I didn't get the "WOW" experience. We didn't have the best service so maybe that is swaying my opinion. The waiter brought our entrees before the salads which I thought was weird. When I brought it up to him, he looked at me like I was a complainer looking at me strangely. I believe he forgot about the salads because his response was "oh, did you want them now?". The food was fine, the atmosphere is family-friendly. The location is not on the water, it's in a parking lot/strip mall-type area about 3 blocks from the water. I can say I went there, but don't think I'd go out of my way to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lee's Summit, MO.
“Fun atmosphere, food so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Dropped by for some seafood on the way to the beach on Sunday afternoon. We've always seen this place but never tried it until today. Kind of empty so we got seated right away. We were given 2 menus. One was normal and the other had some great lunch specials for $10 and under. We ordered a sampler platter with fried clams, flounder and shrimp. Clams were huge. Flounder had been cut into chunks and fried til it was unrecognizable. Shrimp was tasty. Rice pilaf was overcooked and mushy. If anything, the need to fry things for less time. Hushpuppies were yummy and served with honey butter. We also had blackened grouper which had just the right amount of spice. Service was great. Hope its thw same when they are busy. The decor is fun and kitchy. Lots to look at. We would go back to try other things.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere