“The only place we went to twice!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Preston, United Kingdom
“The only place we went to twice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed in St Pete's Beach for a week and Jaxson's was by far the best place we ate. We liked it that much we chose to eat there on our last night, the only place we went back to which is saying something!

The food was amazing especially the Brisket and Pulled pork, the fact they prepare and cook all the meat themselves shows how dedicated they are to their business and it shows in the food - the proof is in the pudding (as we say in England).

They have very reasonable prices, we would have expected to pay more and would happily do so. You get a nice extra of corn muffins and butter (not grated cheese!), and we were lucky to get a free dessert too, which was greatly appreciated!

We got speaking to the owner who is a lovely man, he explained to us why he choose to open the place and we could see how dedicated he and his whole family was. This place is a must visit, forget about the other places and give it a go, you will not be disappointed! We were that impressed we took some leaflets and left them in our condo!

Just give it a try, they do breakfast, lunch and dinner and deliver the whole menu too!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Marion, Iowa
“Great Food....Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Probably the best pulled pork I've ever had. As opposed to many I've had, this was very tender and moist, with a distinct smokey flavor that was excellent. Didn't even need to put the BBQ sauce on it. Had a side of coleslaw that was also quite good. My wife had the chicken salad sandwich and a side of waldorf salad, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. They were out of ribs, but I've heard they are quite good. If you're in the area and looking for an alternative to seafood, this is a great option. This was by far the best value we've come across in our week here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cedar Key, Florida
“Best Fried Chicken Dinner ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stopped checked the menu and asked the people in there if the food was good and they said very good so we stayed ...Patrick was our waiter, very good waiter ...we met one of the Owner's Martha ...she checked on us and we chatted with her ...we were traveling so they put us near an electric outlet to charge our phone and computer so we had internet and GPS to travel on ...My friend is in a wheelchair and has a service dog....VERY HANDICAPPED ACCESSIBLE... they could not have been any nicer to us !!! thank you Martha and Patrick our experience was awesome at your Restaurant Diane Stevens we will visit again !!!Some day !!! *-*

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lake villa, illinois
“Tastes better than mom's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I ate here 5 times before writing this review.
This restaurant is the real deal. The cuisine is country cooking with a Southern flair. Jaxson's is family owned and operated. The primary owners appear to be a 30-something couple from Georgia. Every time we have been there one or both of them have waited on us. They exemplify Southern hospitality with most attentive service.
The food is homemade - not a bunch of re-heated frozen dishes you get in most restaurants. Eating there is like being invited to the home of a friend who happens to be an excellent cook. Prices are very reasonable. The owners appear to be very nice and hard-working people who run a great restaurant.
They currently have live music Fri and Sun evenings, 6-10. Daily specials are not to be overlooked.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
lfjudi2008
“Worse dinning experience of my life.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Worse dinning experience of my life!! I ask for a simple piece of fish , cooked in lemon and butter after an hour , She returned to tell me there were no string beans and no mash ???
Fine just give me salad . after 20. She returns with a piece of blacken dried fish ?? I ate the salad and sent the fish back. Then she returns with another piece with RED spice all over it. ....Now some 2hours after ordering and the place closed. she brings a piece of fish With nothing on it < Zero > I told her I would pay $5. Cost of a fish sandwitch at Burger King. and ate this tasteless mess. To which she stated she 'd tried to make me happy??? I left and went to the pizza palor .I'm wondering If this would have made her happy????

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere