“great place and wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
Hickory, North Carolina
“great place and wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went there for dinner and really enjoyed it. The wait staff was very friendly. The timing for when the courses came to the table was ideal and the food was amazing. The wasabi crusted tune and the crab cakes were great. Highly recommend this eatery.

Visited May 2014

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Kevin was OUTSTANDING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Food was great - we enjoyed dining outside. Best meal we had on St. Pete. Kevin (our server) was fantastic! He recommended the House Dressing and we loved it :)

Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“Awful service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I dinned here on Tuesday with my boyfriend. While we were waiting for our table we got 2 glasses of wine, 1 pinot grigio danzante and 1 chardonnay Hess: we paid 18 dollars for the first round and 16 dollars for the second one!!! The food was very nice, we got 2 appetizers and 2 entrees, a couple more glasses of wine and a creme brulè. At the end when the waitress brought the bill we realized the real price of the wine: 5 dollars for the pinot grigio and 9 dollars for the chardonnay!!!!!!14 dollars for both, not 18 or 16!!!! Anyway, the bill was 95 dollars (without gratuity), I gave her 2 debit cards and when she came back we didn't check the recipe (huge mistake!!!!!). We trusted her and we tipped 20 dollars cash!!!! The day after (yesterday) I was checking my card balance online when I realized that the Snapper charged me $ 16 on the first card and $ 98 on the second one!!!!! The bill was 95 dollars not 114!!!!! In the afternoon I called them and I gave to the girl who answered my name, my phone number and the last 4 numbers of my cards. She told me: the manager will call you back. I'm still waiting. I'll never came back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
mightycaseys, Manager at Snappers Sea Grill, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello, we are glad you enjoyed your food and are having the front of house manager look into the pricing issues. Also if you Checked your credit card info THE VERY NEXT DAY, you will notice that the credit card company puts a hold on funds to leave room for gratuity to be added later. If no gratuity is added then the extra authorization automatically disappears , this is something all credit card companies do and NOT a policy of ours. I still don't understand the use of two debit cards, if you and your husband were splitting the dinner check why was it closed out to one card? The server could have screwed up, so we are looking into it.
Again sorry for the mix up.
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Wonderful seafood and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our dinner at Snappers was out of this world! We started off with delicious friend clams that even our four year old loved (she called them grown-up food as she devoured them). The grouper dishes were delicious (mine was with mango salsa and my wife's was with a crab stuffing and champagne cream sauce). They also have a very nice wine and beer selection. We were sad we didn't have room for dessert!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Excellent seafood and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Try the Early Dinner 4-5 (it was a late lunch for us) and was the same great food for half price. Even at full price normal dinner time it was worth the visit. Great service.