“A Favorite on SPB!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: A big city bistro feel on a coastal barrio island with In-house cut steaks and fresh local Seafood, Snappers has long been known as a gem along the coast.
St. Pete Beach
“A Favorite on SPB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Snappers nails it every time... amazing food,, service in such a small area.. hard to break away from the Tuna , however any item on the menu will impress... New remodel shows their commitment to their continued success... Love this place.. ( also Madfish.. excellent)

Visited January 2013

“are you kidding?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

they say they make no reservations but for some hotels they do... We were 4 people having a table after waiting over 40 minutes, being placed outside at the back yard of the building. We got our meals after another 30 minutes without getting our appetizers at all. When we reminded them about it, they asked if we would like to have it AFTER the main course!
My sauce had skin on it, the risotto looked and tasted like mashed potatoes made from a paperbag and the snapper was over cooked and they made me pay 20$ for it!
I will never go back. Paying for bad service and really trashy food? No way!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“My #1 Choice for Dinner on St. Pete - Fantastic Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After visiting many restaurants on St. Pete, Snappers was by far our favorite. I tend to judge a place by how their staff reacts to my gluten-intolerance, and Snappers got it right. All of the food here is prepared to order, so the chef made a few alterations to my meal to make it safe for me to eat. The help was the best we encountered during our stay, and the waitress was very knowledgable about the menu and which items (including appetizers, side items and desserts) would be easy to subsitute for the gluten-intolerance. We shared the grilled watermelon and goat cheese appetizer (chef prepared the goat cheese by baking it instead of frying so I could eat it) and it was absolutely delicious! My husband ordered the Island Grouper (his favorite and it certainly exceeded his expectations!) and I ordered off of their extensive gluten-free menu the grilled salmon with coconut rice and a side salad. The side salad left a bit to be desired as it was just lettuce, but my husband enjoyed his AND it came with our meals. Negative is that you can't make a reservation here. We were told it would be a 15 minute wait time when we arrived, but ended up waiting an HOUR for our table. Thankfully, the food and staff made it worth the wait. Reasonably priced, great food, fun enviornment, and incredibly helpful staff. Well done, Snappers. You deserve to be #1 on TripAdvisor in my book.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plattsville, Ont
“mouth watering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went here the first night in Saint Pete Beach. It was a cool night so we sat inside. Melanie was our waitress and she was great. I had the stuffed grouper and my husband had the filet with blue cheese. Both were excellent. There was lots of food so you do not leave hungry. We asked Melanie for other places to go to eat and she recomended Middle Ground.

Visited February 2013
“Best seafood, worth the long wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We're visiting from Chicago and decided to Have a nice meal at this restaurant. Definitely get there early they don't take reservations. They do like to call in 30 minutes ahead to add your name to the list that you still end up leaving when you get there.

The food was amazing. Probably one of the best seafood meals we've had anywhere. The price wasn't too bad either for the quality & portions.

We had the crab-stuffed portabello for appetizers. Delicious. My husband had the crab cake for his entree. It's all crab not breading. So fresh!

I had the snapper with shrimp scampi & lobster risotto. Also came with asparagus and saffron cream sauce. There was so much food!!! And it was quality. The sauce and the risotto made it a heavier meal. If I get a chance to go back & order this, I may ask for the sauce on the side.

Our server was wonderful! As I mentioned the wait is LONG! So be prepared to wait. Get there around 5 or come for a late dinner to lessen the wait.

While waiting the owner sent out fried clams to folks who have been waiting and it was tasty. It had just the right amount of breading so you can actually taste the fresh clams.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere