“Very special” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar

The Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar
3400 Gulf Blvd, Don CeSar Resort, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706 (Formerly The Maritana Grille (Don CeSar Resort))
+1 727-360-1882
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Maritana Grille at Loews Don CeSar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Immerse yourself in the most delectable dining experience Tampa Bay has to offer at The Maritana Grille. At this signature restaurant of the beautiful Loews Don CeSar resort, you’re surrounded by 1,500 gallons of salt water aquariums filled with colorful, native Florida fish. You’ll dine on the freshest local seafood prepared with pure, organic ingredients in a New American style. With an extensive wine list and world-class service, it’s no wonder The Maritana Grille was voted one of the Top 10 seafood restaurants in the United States by the Gayot Guide, and has received AAA’s 4-Diamond Rating for the past 15 years. The vibe is casual, no jackets required. The atmosphere is festive yet intimate and the food is incomparably delicious. The Maritana Grille turns every meal into a magical dining experience.
Delran, New Jersey
“Very special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Maritana Grill during a recent stay in St Pete's Beach. The hotel and restaurant were very impressive. Though we felt a little underdressed (kahki's and polo shirt for my husband, slacks and a sweater for me) the staff was very warm and welcoming, treating us like VIPs. The food was amazing from starters to dessert. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2012

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

If you want to enjoy the best that food has to offer, then you want to treat yourself to a meal that is truly outstanding at the Maritana. The wine list is dazzling, the ambience serene, the service impeccable and the food delicious. If you go, ask for Flor from Argentina. She describes the wines and food so well that you can almost taste them. The entire meal is an award winning performance!

Visited December 2011
Chicago, IL
“Worth every cent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I dined here twice. The hearts of red and green romaine salad will get you off to a great start. I highly recommend the fresh grouper (sous vide) which was firm and flavorful. Our group shared desserts so I can say with confidence that the Apple Sage Reveal was not only spectacular to look at, but wonderful to eat. The flourless chocolate cake was also delicious. I had wine by the glass and found the selection to be very good. On both nights the servers were helpful and friendly. This restaurant is worth every cent you spend. I highly recommend it.

Visited January 2012
Haverford, PA
“Easy professional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Was nice & quiet, great seafood, great steak - the appies are also where it's at on the menu - request the booth by the eel tank

Visited December 2011
“Stellar dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

If I could eat here every day, it would kill me, but I would die a happy man. I am not certain that I have the appropriate words to describe what a wonderful experience my bride and I had at the Maritana Grille. The staff is easy, because they were so friendly and attentive, without seeming to hover. They treated us like family and went out of their way to assist me in surprising my bride of nearly 40 years.

It is the food that I am going to have trouble with... I am a foodie, prepare a lot of different foods, and only occasionally am able to prepare something with the perfection that accompanied each progressive dish during our dinner here. Sadly, I have paid more for far less satisfying meals.

Kudos to the chef, his staff and the dining room personnel... thank you all for making our special occasion truly special.

Visited February 2011