“A safe bet good food in a relaxed atmosphere well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Stockport, United Kingdom
“A safe bet good food in a relaxed atmosphere well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We always visit silas's a few times when we visit the beach on vacation.it's very good not spectacular.but sometimes a more straight forward menu with interesting choices well presented & cooked well in a calm & not over hyped manner fits the bill nicely.never felt rushed like in some places

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Sullivan, Indiana, United States
“Everything was AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I LOVE this place. We were in St. Pete for almost two weeks and ate here four times. The tuna is delicious, and the Chef's specials are amazing! My husband had the 20 oz porterhouse with stone crab claws special. The steak was cooked perfectly, very tender, and the sauce was amazing. You can't go wrong with the fish or steak here! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Great views and romantic astmosphere. Love the surprise before the meal. If you have room after dinner the creme brulee is a MUST have. The prices are also reasonable. If it's not too busy the chef even comes to your table to make sure everything was ok. We can't wait to go back on our next trip! Thank you to Silas Dent's!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“Fabulous prime rib!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This is their signature dish, and to an Alberta boy, they got it perfect! Was done the way I wanted it, without the cook arguing (as they so often do when ordering it more than medium rare). We loved it, and would go back anytime soon. Waiter, Eric, was very attentive and made sure we were well looked after, even getting our chili soup warmed up better for us.

Central City, KY
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Silas Dent's was a place we have passed up for years, so decided we would give it a try. Go for the food and not the atmosphere. The interior needs an update. It is very old Florida, dark and dingy. We had a great waiter, Jenine. She was very friendly and attentive. I had grouper and it was great. My husband had a small steak and he was very pleased with his selection. I felt my grouper was very pricey, but most places grouper is very pricey. All in all, very good experience. There are so many places in St Pete, I am not sure I would go back, but would not hesitate to recommend to frients.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this place is phenomenal! The atmosphere is real old Florida, the staff is amazingly fantastic for large groups and small parties, the food is beyond the best I have ever had...it is a gourmet experience with a very fair price.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere