“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I expected to like the Hurricane because it's always busy, but I was disappointed in the quality of the food, especially for the prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Englewood, Florida, United States
“Not all it's cracked up to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went with my husband to Hurricanes when we first arrived in St. Pete Beach. I was not impressed! The balcony was okay but they served me wine in a plastic $1 cup. We tried to eat dinner in their 2nd floor dining area but it was closed..we had to eat in their "cafe" area which was a very small space. Food was okay and very high priced. I personally didn't think it was worth it.

Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Avoid the "Grouper Paradise" - overpriced, underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I thought about having the grouper sandwich--maybe that would have been a better choice. I got the "Grouper Paradise" - the waitress raved about it. They should be ashamed of themselves for charging $27 for such a mediocre meal. It's broiled grouper topped with a "Maryland" crabcake and a few garlic shrimp. I'll say this much, the garlic shrimp were very tasty--I'd rather have had a plate full of those than the flavorless grouper or bready crabcake. I'm from Maryland--don't tell me it's a Maryland crabcake if there are a few bits of crab surrounded by a ton of breading. Bottom line: save your money, order a sandwich if you're eating here.
Our 7-year-old had a burger and fries that were good...and much more reasonably priced.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Grouper Sandwich with a view!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went here with friends for lunch on a weekday in May. Loved their Grouper sandwich and the place was so empty. We had the view from the balcony all to ourselves. Service was ok. Sides could be better. But that was the best grouper sandwich I have had in the Tampa area and I have been living here since 2007.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
detroit, mi
“Good Lunch Stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I took a walk along the beach and got hungry! Thankfully, The Hurricane welcomes all beach goers no matter the attire or footware :) I am not a sea food person, so you'll have to trust my husband's review of their grouper tacos. He says they were really flavorful and he enjoyed the mango mojito. I had a club sandwich and a rum runner. Their drinks are full of flavor and fresh ingredients. My sandwich was a typical club. The service was just okay. It wasn't too busy the day we were their, but our waitress did not frequent our table. She brought drinks, brought us the food, and the bill. No stops in between. I did enjoy eating right on the beach and the weather the day we were there was ideal Florida.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere