“Not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Palmer, Massachusetts
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We had one evening free to go out to dinner on our recent trip to St. Pete's beach area. After a little research on Trip Advisor & Yelp our choice was clear. 1200 Chophouse did not disappoint! We arrived around 6pm because we had read there was not a lot of seating. Perfect timing because by the time we got our salads the place was full to capacity. Our server, as it turned out, was from the same area of MA as we are...he was exceptional but unfortunately I cannot remember his name...my bad. He was perfectly attentive and checking in on us at all the right moments. We ordered the special, based on his recommendation which was a Rib Eye steak (2lbs !!) for two. The salad was included...and by far one of the best starter salads we have ever had. The bread...perfection. Fresh, hot and it had a somewhat salty and sweet flavor. We had seconds it was that good. We ordered our steak medium rare...at first the center was still a bit cool so our waiter took it back to cook a bit more. When we got it back it was perfect...no big deal. I had the red skin mashed potatoes and my husband had the truffle fries. Beware of extremely large portions...but sure beats not having enough. When asked if we wanted dessert...we said we were too full but our wonderful waiter came back with a small mason type jar of what he referred to as salted Carmel cream.... Pure heaven! Light, sweet and salty and just the right finish to a perfect meal. The next day at our condo pool, we asked some new folks we had just met about restaurants in the area and they said.....1200 Chophouse!!! We agreed. It am hungry just thinking about it and will definitely return if we find ourselves in this area again..... Wish you would open up in Boston!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“A Must stop in St Pete Beach..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Had Dinner here on 7/13/14. One of the Best Dinners i Ever had , Chris Our Server was great . The Whole dinner was Great from the App's to the salad to Our Dinners. Will definitely be back when in the area !!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, great service, questionable management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

First time going to this place. It's new to me becuase I have not been down here in a year. We walked in and we were greeted by a very nice hostesses who was very helpful. She said that there would be a 15-20 minute wait but it turned out to be a 45 minute wait. Now this was not too bad but a waiter in the restaurant decided to sit down with a party of 3. He went on to sit, talk, and drink wine with these people for 15 minutes. This prolonged our wait because they were done with their entrees! And who was taking care of his other tables? The hostess. Unbelievable. I can't believe the owner condones there wait staff sitting down and drinking with customers while on their shift! Not to mention, this was a very night were leaving because the wait was too long! Anyway another table left and we were seated. After that everything else was great. The waiter was friendly and helpful. The bread, salad, and appetizer were all amazing. The bread was fresh and delicious, the shrimp appetizer had this amazing sauce to dunk your bread in. The salad was refreshing with a sweet vinegar dressing. Next, our meals were amazing. Two prime ribs in my party cooked exactly how we wanted them. The steaks were perfect. The mashed potatoes were also great tasting and complimented the steak well. The chicken saltibucco also looked good. Overall the food and our waiter is what brings this all the way up to 4 stars.

Lakeland, FL
“The steak was simply AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am a fan of a good steak and when hearing the name I immediately thought of the way Ruth's Chris prepares their steaks and were hoping for the same.

I was not disappointed. In fact, I actually think I like the spice that 1200 Chophouse puts on their steak better.

We were lucky we got there early so we were seated immediately. One thing to note is that this place is very small. With that being said, it is quaint, clean and very nicely decorated. Others that arrived shortly after we did were quoted a 35 to 45 minute wait.

The only negative for me was they didn't have my normal brands of beer, nor did they serve liquor so I was forced to try something different. I had a Woodchuck cider per the server's suggestion, and he hit the nail on the head with what I had asked him to suggest.

The salad came out quickly along with bread. The salad was very tasty with pecans and pieces of apple. (I will attach photos of the food)

I ordered the Filet medium rare, and it came out cooked PERFECTLY. The steak has some sort of rub on it that gives it just a bit of spice but doesn't go overboard. It literally gave the steak one of the best flavors I have ever tasted.

I am not sure if they really roast/cook the steaks at 1200 degrees, but whatever they do, they are great. I will definitely make another trip (or 2, or 3, or 4..) here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My friends and I visited the Seared 1200 Chop House the food was amazing we tried the ribeye and truffle fries it was heavenly delicious and perfectly cooked. Max the bartender, Chef Hanson, and the team was perfect they accommodated our visit. I can't say anymore but AMAZING!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere