“Great location, friendly, and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sabal Palms Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Pete Beach
Sabal Palms Inn
1301 Gulfway, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
North aurora, IL
“Great location, friendly, and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I usually stay at the Coconut Inn, their other place in Pass-A-Grill, which is also a great place to stay. We thought we would try The Sabal Palms Inn this year, specially the rooms that face the Gulf. We stayed in room 2. We were not disappointed. The view was great! We could see the beautiful sunset every night just out side our door. The room was all what we needed. Not fancy, but very comfortable and supper clean. Like the other rooms at both places, there is a kitchen with a 4 burner stove, a full size fridge, cabinets with all kitchen utensils, pots and pan, sand table ware. Udi was terrific, what a hard worker! She keep the whole place spotless,(even did our dishes), gave us helpful tips about the place and area, and made us fell welcome. Eddie, the manager, a very out going guy is always fun to talk to. Both would bend over backwards to help you. Most of the time, there would be no one in the office - both of them are always busy working between both places- BUT, there is a phone by the office, and if you call, they will be there right away. Can't wait until next year when we will return to the Sabal Palms or the Coconut Inn for another relaxing, pleasant, and scenic stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the rooms that face the beach (1-3). Talked to others who enjoyed room 10, and any room f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Oxford, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

After researching every hotel on St. Pete Beach, I was in quite a panic to get something secured for my daughter and I over spring break. Getting a late start meant most places were booked, including Sabal Palms and Coconut Inn. I put out a number of phone calls and e-mails. Very few people called me back, and most of those who did just left messages saying they were booked... except for Eddie of Sabal Palms. He returned my phone call and e-mail. He offered us an off-site condo and offered to put us on a waiting list in case he had a cancellation. It's that kind of generosity and customer service that earns repeat customers. Thanks, Eddie!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was attending a conference in St. Pete's Beach but fell in love when I drove down to Pass-A-Grille. I knew THIS was where I wanted to spend a couple of days before I had to return home. However, I quickly learned that hotels in this part of town are quite pricey and can be hard to get. I was delighted to find the Sabal Palms and get a gulf view room for less than I had been paying up on the Strip.

It's not fancy but The Sabal Palms has lots of little extras that make it a great value. We loved The Sabal Palm and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Unit 2 has a great view of the gulf and we did not hear a sound from our neighbors ever.
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We came to Pass a Grille to attend a beach wedding and stayed at Sabal Palms.The moment we walked into the courtyard, we were warmly greeted by Eddie, the manager. He showed us to our spotlessly clean gulf-front room, and gave us some great tips on local places to eat. (The grilled grouper sandwich at Sea Critters...you were spot on with that one, Eddie! Yum!)
Later in our stay, Eddie went above and beyond by walking the two blocks to the Sabal Palms' sister hotel, The Coconut Inn, with me to help me print off a document I needed on the Coconut's printer. Our housekeeper, Yudith, was every bit as helpful and friendly.
The room itself was roomy, sunny, and airy with a great view of the gulf. This charming little inn is literally steps from the beach - the extras like free use of beach chairs, bicycles, grill, and a complimentary parking pass for Pass A Grille were icing on the cake. Having a kitchen and bringing in a few groceries from a local market saved lots of $$$ on breakfast and lunches. Some reviewers have commented on the lower level rooms. I got a chance to see them because after visiting us at the inn, my mother and sister were so taken by the place, they decided to leave their hotel and stay at the Sabal Palms. It's true, the ceilings are lower than the upstairs rooms, but unless you are well over six feet tall, I don't think it would matter. In closing, I would say, if you are looking for luxury, look elsewhere. That's not the vibe here. If you want clean, quiet, comfy, cozy, and beachy, the Sabal Palms is the place. We loved it, and would definitely return.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just left Pass A Grille and the Sabal Palms. Quaint lovely little place to getaway for a long weekend. Perfect if you want to avoid the commercial skyscraper type of hotels but yet close enough to drive to for nightlife. The Sabal Inn is a no frills place, but also absolutely charming. Will definitely stay there again if I'm in that area and recommend it highly. Unit 2 was right perfect with perfect view and steps from the beach.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with a gulf view!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lafayette, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been visiting Sabal Palms Inn for a dozen years now and still find it the best place on the beach. It is very relaxing, clean, convenient and quiet. The staff is the best - Yudit, Emigdio, Eddie, Anna and Miguel take good care of the guests and keep the place immaculate. Breakfast on the balcony is the best but there are great restaurants in the area if you don't feel like cooking in the full-size kitchen or kitchenette. There are beach chairs and bikes for you to use during your stay and lots of places to explore. I would highly recommend Sabal Palms and the Coconut Inn to anyone heading to St. Pete's.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a wonderful time this past weekend at Sabal Palms Inn at Pass a Grille Beach. The Inn itself is spotless, charming, well-tended, lovely and quiet. Our housekeepers, Yudith and her husband were beyond hospitable and caring. Just a charming gem. Can't wait to go back, the area is just as unique and quaint as it was 35 years ago when we got married in the area.
Sandy and Rob Lynn

Room Tip: Room 8, in the back, up in the palm trees.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sabal Palms Inn? Share your experiences!