“NIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
Tampa, Florida, United States
“NIIIIIICCCCCCCEEEEEE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I live in florida and after the first time going was very impressed..... So I continue to go @ least once a month (3x) so far... Staff is wonderful and courteous, even gave me a GREAT DEAL for coming so often.. Quiet, relaxing, and right across from the beach. Walking distance to restaurants/bars in area, which are great... I truly recommend this place, ambiance is superb. Make sure you see room b4 renting, some have low ceilings.. The sunset/sunrise here is AWESOME, cant be beat... So much better than the huge hotels that charge for things you may not even use... Free bikes, beach chairs, what more can you ask for?!.... This is a place you could stay @ as far as living. Theres a deli around the corner and all I can say is SUPERB

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I made a reservation for New Years Eve 2012 on the Sabal Palms Inn website, I gave them credit card info and got a confirmation number. Hours later I got a call from someone at the property saying that there is a two night minimum. I told them that due to work schedules we are not able to stay two nights. When I asked why I was given a confirmation number the person said that we should have called first before making the reservation...then why have a website that takes reservations?? When I asked for the manager the person said that he was the manager and that there was no one else left to talk to because the owner was on vacation. In between the time that I made the reservation and the time that I got the call I made a nonrefundable reservation to board my dog. When I told the manager about already paying for dog boarding he said it was my fault for not calling first. When I asked him what he suggested he said that he had no idea what to tell me and hung up.

It is apparent that this property is more interested in the extra $100 that they could have made by charging me for the extra night than they are in doing the right thing!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SabalPalmsInn, Owner at Sabal Palms Inn, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your input on our reservation system. Most visitors to our website notice that we state very clearly on both the Check Availability page and on the Reservation page -twice on each page- that you must contact us first by phone or email to check availability before making a reservation. We called you 20 minutes after you incorrectly made your reservation to let you know that it was not available and the conversation quickly deteriorated from there. You demanded to be given a room that we did not have available and due to the vulgar nature of your response our very polite manager decided it would be a good idea to end the call.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We are back,my wife and I in our cold country(Canada)after four weeks at Sabal palms Inn .
We have just good memories of our stay there.it is a great location very close to a marvellous beach,quiet,safe and beautiful place.
But the most important is that we had at Sabalm palms a unique service.Judit,Emiglio, Eddie and Anna were so devoted to make our stay pleasant that we can just thank them for all they did to make sure that we were happy there.
We had so good time at Sabal palms that we plan to go back next fall.
Lorraine and Guy

• Stayed November 2012
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We are regular customers here and we enjoy each time we come down here like our second home. My family and I love coming here because it's serene, meticulously clean, and very cozy. Rooms are spacious, with full kitchen ( everything you need in a kitchen to cook and dine in are all provided), comfortable bed, and again let me emphasize, very clean place. My husband enjoy cooking out ( grill provided as well) and we love eating outside for breakfast or dinner where they have picnic tables and chairs. There are lot of things to do here: biking (bikes are provided and free of charge), strolling along the bay side or the beach side.,watching the awesome sunset ( beach chairs and umbrellas are also available). There are several restaurants, bars, and ice ream shop nearby. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Most of all, we always feel safe here. Inexpensive and still so worth it!
Ruby

Room Tip: gulf front rooms are the best. Most spacious is on the lower floor nearest to the office. I think th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We absolutely love Pass A Grille Beach and had a great time recently for a long weekend with out of town friends at Sabal Palms. This is NOT luxury, so we aren't rating it that way. However, you couldn't ask for a more perfect sunset view, a nicer staff or a more relaxing time. The lovely couple who take care of the Inn is very accommodating and although this was a very busy weekend, we were given a later check out and offered to keep our bags in the office if we wanted to extend our beach time. There is also a shower and place to dress and freshen up in the office, so if you have a late flight and want to have a little extra sun you have the option to do that without flying with sand in your 'wears!
The same owners of Sabal Palms also own Coconut Inn. We have stayed at both and we prefer Coconut, but we go there for the beach and surroundings anyway.
Stay in rooms 1,2, or 3 and you will be beachfront, with a full kitchen facility within your bedroom and bath. Very affordable. Not the best beds in the world, but I have a particularly bad back so I am probably pickier than most.
Beach is so gorgeous. Not nearly as deep (not a huge hike to get to the actual water), great walking beach (nicely packed sand, you can even ride a bike which Sabal Palms has to borrow at no extra cost). This is a quieter, more family friendly beach and there are concessions and restaurants within a short walk. All we ever want or need for a great day!

Room Tip: Choose 1,2, or 3 if you don't need more than one bed and you want a gorgeous sunset view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The location of this inn, across the street from a beautiful Gulf of Mexico beach, is perfect. Add to that a friendly, competent, hard working staff and you have Sabal Palms. Our recent stay was only 2 days, but it was nice to reconnect with Pass-A-Grille, walk the beach, and dine at Sea Critters again. We were greeted by Yudit (a.k.a. Judy), who is in charge of keeping everything spotless, and seems more like an old friend (not that she's old!). Eddie, manager/concierge/maintenance guy, is also a computer whiz and helped me print out our boarding passes. Emiglio is also nice and very helpful, and smiles a lot! The owner, Joe, is a great guy and maintains a presence just to make sure everything is perfect. We are really looking forward to our 2-week stay in February!

Room Tip: Our personal preference is one of the 3 front rooms, but we have talked to other guests who enjoy th...
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for a few years now. Love the renovations they have done to the rooms -- have been here twice this year. The service by the staff is super. They are willing to do whatever the customers need at a moments notice! Great people -- from owner to staff! I had mentioned to Yudit that the shower was draining slow and the next thing I knew she was in there unclogging the shower. Before I left the room it was done and clean. Gracias!

Great location on St Pete Beach. The rooms are clean; everything you need within reach (on the beach and the premises)! Affordable prices that include beach chairs, bikes for the family, jacuzzi and heated pool for swimming if ocean water is too cold. This was my first trip in winter and loved it. I recommend it highly. Don't forget to visit the Deli and get your steaks or seafood to throw in the grill at Sabal Palms.

I have had family reunions staying at this hotel and it's a great place for big groups and children of all ages.

Room Tip: All rooms have a kichenette. Top rooms have higher ceiling areas. I prefer direct access to the deck...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sabal Palms Inn? Share your experiences!