You added Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort to your Saves list
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night. Very friendly staff & helpful. Great room, great ammenities . Wish we could have stayed longer. Veryclean. Nice activites for kids. We felt very secure here. Lots of restaurant on property and nearby. Best thing is the beach.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have visited this beautrfuly property twice before. I love the location, cleanliness and the intimate size of the resort. This time after 'millions' in renovations to change it to Guy Harvey, I did expect a bit more. These renovations pretty much were just astectic branding for Guy Harvey. Pictures everywhere, names on umbrella and banners, and maybe the carpet in the rooms has changed. The furniture is exactly the same and slightly tired. My issue is that they overbooked the hotel, and once we arrived late in the evening, with groceries in hand and were told we have been placed in another hotel!!! Their compensation was to upgrade our room for the 3 remaining nights. Note this was an anniversary trip on only 4 nights. Without choice, we went to the other hotel which was down the road. This hotel was not up to the standards of Guy Harvey, and we had water dripping on our heads in the washroom from the ceiling! OK, so we had to check out at 11 am and once we arrived back at Guy Harvey, we were told guests cannot check in until 3 pm. Well what about guests who had payed to stay the night before?? So we had to load our groceries in another fridge in a holding area, change in a washroom and wait for our room. This was a whole day wasted of a short vacation! The front desk were kind enought to waive the daily $25 hotel fees, however I overheard them doing that for a couple who complained their room didn't have a balcony. Really?? Is that the same as being displaced for a whole night with a bunch of groceries and luggage? I actually ended up raising my voice as I felt this just wasn't enough to compensate. The response was a free lunch and drink at the grill. I have to give the grill staff credit, they are extremely polite and the food was very tasty. The rest of my stay was fine, the upgraded room was very spacious, but I don't feel that we were compensated enough for being displaced and basically wasting a full day of our short vacation. I really think they should contact guests regarding overbooking, obviously someone must have know this ahead of time. And if anything, we should have been placed in a better hotel, not one with lower standards.
Having said all this, I still found the property clean, the staff pleasant and of course the beach is fantastic.

Room Tip: The basic rooms are extremely small, and the upgrades are quite nice but expensive.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I would really like to give them 4 1/2 stars. I was really impressed with the staff and the effort they took to make our stay enjoyable. From the front desk, bell stand and service at the flying bridge restaurant all were concerned with our needs and requests.

For example there was some kind of cooler meltdown and many items were not available on the lunch menu so we ordered pizzas from the Pizza Hut for the kids with the help of our waiter. He could have just read what wasn't available but he was really proactive in finding a solution for us.

I was scared to book my reservations because of the terrible photos of the bedspreads but I was thrilled to see that they have gone to a more basic white bedding. I would give the Guy Harvey Resort a solid 5 stars if I could deal with the terribly TACKY resort motif of bright colors and old rattan couches. But unless you are incredibly fussy and can afford the $700 per night at the Sandpearl Guy Harvey Outpost gives you all the amenities, service, location and activities to meet the needs of any family beach vacation. I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed here 4 times now and every stay has been better than the last. Great Service, Friendly staff, the place could not be cleaner. A real Gem. Will be going back as soon as we can.

Pio and China Romano

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

On the beach. East to get to. Clean very friendly. Great for family or adults. Fair VFM best in the beach. Staff and management very professional. Small but big in value. So good tool my family 5x in a row.

• Stayed July 2012
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Came to town for the Shrine Game week and was initially disappointed I was sent here & not the main TradeWinds property, where I've happily stayed before. I quickly realized the Guy Harvey Outpost is the better place to stay. It's a short walk on the beach to anything you want at TradeWinds.

The rooms here are fresher and more modern. The WiFi is much more reliable. The pools are less crowded and the adult pool is tucked away and feels private. Staff was nothing short of fantastic; everyone says a sincere hello and they're great in advising about the local area. Workout facility had free weights & an elliptical machine that actually works (plus other stuff). The beach is just awesome & no giant slide to obstruct the view.

Two minor gripes: the curtains in the bedroom didn't close 100% and let some light bleed through. and the hot tub at the adult pool was being repaired for two days.

• Stayed January 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Best vacation. People were so friendly and the room was one of the nicest I have stayed in. Would go back in a heartbeat. The beach was clean and water sports were available. Had an incredible time paddle-boating. The bands were lots of fun to listen to.

Room Tip: Choose a room looking over the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort? Share your experiences!