I would really like to give them 4 1/2 stars. I was really impressed with the staff and the effort they took to make our stay enjoyable. From the front desk, bell stand and service at the flying bridge restaurant all were concerned with our needs and requests.
For example there was some kind of cooler meltdown and many items were not available on the lunch menu so we ordered pizzas from the Pizza Hut for the kids with the help of our waiter. He could have just read what wasn't available but he was really proactive in finding a solution for us.
I was scared to book my reservations because of the terrible photos of the bedspreads but I was thrilled to see that they have gone to a more basic white bedding. I would give the Guy Harvey Resort a solid 5 stars if I could deal with the terribly TACKY resort motif of bright colors and old rattan couches. But unless you are incredibly fussy and can afford the $700 per night at the Sandpearl Guy Harvey Outpost gives you all the amenities, service, location and activities to meet the needs of any family beach vacation. I would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the white sands of St. Pete Beach, voted the No. 1 beach destination in the USA. Enjoy fishing, diving and water sport adventures on the warm waters of Florida’s Gulf of Mexico. Located 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport, Guy Harvey Outpost offers casual dining and the popular Sand Bar, two swimming pools, whirlpool, hammocks along the beach and the Guy Harvey Outfitter Shop.Experience Florida fishing at its finest with inshore, offshore, fly and chartered deep sea fishing. Scuba dive to sunken ships or book a snorkeling trip. Take flight with JetLev, your personal water powered jet pack or ride WaveJet, an electric powered surfboard. Guy Harvey Outpost inspires endless family adventures where you can experience the life, science and love for the sea that is Guy Harvey. Children also have a place in the adventure at Guy Harvey Outpost with tailored activities just for kids; all you have to do is enjoy the journey. In addition to the great hotel amenities and services at Guy Harvey Outpost, you’ll have access to a wealth of facilities and programs at TradeWinds Island Grand, just down the beach. There you can enjoy more casual dining, fine dining and beach bars and then retreat back to the intimacy of the Outpost. You pack your things – we’ll pack your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida