I would really like to give them 4 1/2 stars. I was really impressed with the staff and the effort they took to make our stay enjoyable. From the front desk, bell stand and service at the flying bridge restaurant all were concerned with our needs and requests.
For example there was some kind of cooler meltdown and many items were not available on the lunch menu so we ordered pizzas from the Pizza Hut for the kids with the help of our waiter. He could have just read what wasn't available but he was really proactive in finding a solution for us.
I was scared to book my reservations because of the terrible photos of the bedspreads but I was thrilled to see that they have gone to a more basic white bedding. I would give the Guy Harvey Resort a solid 5 stars if I could deal with the terribly TACKY resort motif of bright colors and old rattan couches. But unless you are incredibly fussy and can afford the $700 per night at the Sandpearl Guy Harvey Outpost gives you all the amenities, service, location and activities to meet the needs of any family beach vacation. I would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach, voted one of America's Best Beaches by TripAdvisor. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at Guy Harvey RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium featured on Animal Planet's "Tanked," indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Triple WipeOut surf ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only, while the kids dive into an ocean of fun with themed activities tailored just for them. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida