“Nice place to stay. :o)” 4 of 5 stars

You added Gulf Strand Resort to your Saves list
Gulf Strand Resort
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   4510 Gulf Blvd., Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
london
“Nice place to stay. :o)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for six nights in September in room 508. On entering our condo we were quite pleased. The condo was very clean and up to date. We booked online direct with the owner, which leads me to believe most of these condos are independently owned, so obviously some are better than others. Everything we needed for our stay was provided, including our own laundry. The kitchen was clean and had new work tops. Living room was adequate with dinning table, sofa and cable TV. Bedroom was spacious with plenty of storage and the bed was comfy. The on-suite was clean and had new taps and a huge shower. We had a lovely balcony which has a part view of the beach. The only minus of the room is that it is close to the road, so it is a bit noisy. So if you want to be closer to the beach and away from the road noise I would recommend getting a room from one to four on any floor. The beach front was easily accessible and the pool and barbecue area are small but very acceptable. There are plenty of restaurants and other activities in the area to keep you busy. There are local shops nearby including a publix for your groceries which is just across the road.(very handy).
From what I've read about other condos in this complex this one seems to be quite good. We probably wont return because there are other places to visit, but I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Unless you are paying TOP dollar you have to expect a few setbacks especially when booking on-line sight unseen. With that said though my wife and I had a wonderful labor day weekend. Our unit on the fourth floor was a bit antiquated, but everything was clean. The view from the balcony was calming. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed. Having a washer and dryer in the unit was very convienient. The beachfront was easily accessible and we had a very relaxing time there. There are plenty of restaurants and other activities in the area to keep you busy. John's Pass is a MUST! The staff at Gulf Strand was very friendly and ready to accomodate your every need. Overall, if you temper your expectations this was a very enjoyable and fun weekend. We plan on returning since we didn't expect too much and the price was right! Will definitely recommend to others.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the beach are quieter. Gulf Blvd. traffic is constant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We enjoyed our short stay at the Gulf Stand condo in St. Petersburg, FL. We loved our room 302 which has the direct oceanfront views and beautiful sunset!!! Thank you so much to Betty Pawelczyk who made it possible for us. She answered all the questions we had, most helpful and provided us the best customer services and and a wonderful stay for us! We love St. Pete's beach as it's very family oriented and not crowded at all. We will definitely return and stay at the Gulf Strand again. Thank you Betty!!!!

Room Tip: request for room 302 which as the best oceanfront views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I just wanted to thank you for the perfect getaway. We spoke to you about coming to the Gulf Strand for a long weekend and looking to finish up summer with our two daughters to enjoy some sun and fun. We also had another couple join us with there children also. What a perfect spot for us, everything to do is close with a very nice room. Thanks for making our final summer trip ideal.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

First of all, this place is not a resort. It is more like an out dated Motel 6.
Decor is early '80s, the bugs are Summer, 2012 and the view was nonexistent. We were literally sick at our stomach. Just to give readers an idea how bad this place is, we checked out within an hour, knowing fully our payment would be forfeited. I would not let my wife sleep in this dump, knowing bugs become bed partners after the lights went out. When checking out, the office mgr told me, that since we booked online, it was basically our fault for getting the "outdated" unit.We should have called directly to the property management company. A letter to Travel Resort Services has gone unanswered. Draw your own conclusion.
BUYER BEWARE!!!

Room Tip: Stay aware from this place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheryl F, Manager at Gulf Strand Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We are truly sorry that you didn't stay at the Gulf Strand Resort. Your review has brought to our attention the need to update that particular unit you were checked into. The furniture and bedding, are going to be replaced. We wish this could have happened prior to your arrival and deeply apologize for this situation.
Edwardsburg, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We just returned from our 3rd visit to Gulf Strand and were not disappointed. The room was clean with a great view. The pool area is small but is always very clean. Publix grocery store is right across the street as well as CVS. We love this resort and cant wait to return

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

This resort was assigned to me after making a bid on a "travel website." Prior to going I did a lot of research about the area and read th reviews for this resort. The reviews other left made me nervous... So much so that I considered calling the resort and canceling my reservation. When I called however, I was pleasantly surprised. I expressed my concerns to the property manager and she reassured me there had been upgrades recently to the rooms. I asked her about tha amenities and explained that I was traveling with a 9 year old and an infant. The property manager even made arrangements with a local company to have a crib ordered for our stay. After traveling all morning (early morning flights with 2 kids= ready to relax) and arriving at the resort 3 hours before check- in, we were allowed to check in early. I walked into our condo expecting the worst but what I found was a little piece of heaven right on the beach! The condo was super clean, bathrooms were in great condition, the kitchen was fully stocked with all the appliances we would need, and the decorations fit in well with the beachy vibe. When we went to check out the bedroom, they had all ready delivered the crib and had it set up ready for use. Balcony view of the gulf was beautiful. There are grocery and drug stores within walking distance as well as multiple resturants. I would highly recommend staying here and I intend to return.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Gulf Strand Resort? Share your experiences!