“Unit 301 - Perfection on St. Pete Beach!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Vistas on the Gulf to your Saves list
Vistas on the Gulf
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   4000 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Connecticut
“Unit 301 - Perfection on St. Pete Beach!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We are wrapping up our first visit to Vistas on the Gulf unit 301. I am sitting on the seaside balcony writing this, enjoying a panoramic view of St. Pete Beach and Pass-a-grille beach, not to mention the Gulf of Mexico. It's very obvious that the owners of this unit take a great deal of pride in the property. We feel as though we have been guests of very gracious owners. The unit is well stocked with kitchen amenities and is spotless. All the comforts of home are here in this unit including 2 bathrooms, washer and dryer, even some beach toys and chairs that the owners have left for guest use. Our kids have enjoyed playing some of the games that the owners also left for guest use. The unit has two balconies, one directly overlooking the beach where I am and another off the kids bedroom(which had a bunk bed by the way) overlooking the pool and hot tub. The condo complex of course has a great pool and hot tub, plenty of seating and room for dining. We have stayed at other properties managed by the same management company and have to say they are great at what they do. We can't wait to return to Vistas soon and especially to this unit. Thanks to the owners for offering this amazing place for rent.

Three things the management company should improve on:
1) WiFi is far from perfect. We found it to be unstable and difficult to remain connected to with poor signal strength in many areas. We ended up tethering to our cell phones most of the time to avoid the inconvenience.
2) Pool is horribly over chlorinated although I will say that the management office was working with the pool service to correct this. It ruined bathing suits, kids hair and caused rashes.
3) There is no ability to recycle anything at this condo. Everything goes directly in the trash. We have found this problem at other properties managed by this company. Seems absurd to me that in this day and age they haven't figured that out yet.

Room Tip: I can only speak for unit 301 and say it is perfect and you can't go wrong choosing this unit.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rochester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

4 of us stayed in the condo from 4/5-4/12/14. The location is fantastic, beach is beautiflul. The view from the condo balcony to the beach is limited. The condo was "OK" but it was not very clean and it had a mold smell. When I returned home from my vaca all my luggage and clothes had to be washed and aired out to get the smell out. The master bed was not very comfortable and the other room with a bed in it does not have a closet and is small. The sliding door to the balcony did not lock. Hairdryer in bathroom did not work. The kitchen did not have a can opener. For the cost of rent this condo should have been perfect.

Room Tip: Condo needs updating and a thorough cleaning.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great Location right on the beach and close to restaurants, grocery stores and many other attractions. The beach location also boasts an array of watersports. Up-to-date furnishings and a well-stocked kitchen. A perfect getaway.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was at the condo AGAIN. Have been going 2 times a year fall and spring for several years. Best value on the beach. I always get unit #206 which is the one that is shown in the pictures at the office. So clean, huge tv's, all new furniture and appliances. Great beach view and patio set is so comfortable. We were treated like family by the excellent staff of the liberte group (Mark in pool and maintenance was terrific as always) We will be back in the fall!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a place on the beach with a heated pool that had 2 bedrooms. This place was just what we were looking for. We stayed in unit 411. Everything about the place was great. It was stocked with all the kitchen tools for an extended stay. We had a couple requests of the management group and they were extremely accommodating and helpful. Only item to note is that the second bedroom is actually a sitting room with a door. Our unit had a daybed which works great for our only child but could be an issue for a larger family.

• Stayed March 2014
BAtavia,Il, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Dear Vistas on the Gulf,

I almost never send letters of this type. However, our stay was the single most unpleasant that I have ever had in St Petersburg Beach. While the accommodations were very nice the stench of mold and mildew in the room was so bad that it caused serious problems with my allergies, I had the pleasure of taking my two granddaughters on spring break as well as visiting my mother who lives in the Beau Monde Condos. When we arrived home my wife made me unload my suitcase in the garage and put my clothes in a garbage bag before bringing them into the laundry room. It took three washings to get the smell out. This condo is badly in need of fumigation. My wife and I are blue water sailors and I can tell you that our boat never smelled at all. I do not recommend that you rent it out again until you take care of this. Part of the problem is that you left the air conditioner blower on all the time. Condensed water in the cooling unit collects mildew and mold. When the blower stays on after the compressor turns off that moldy water is re-evaporated and blows through the condo. I do not believe that we will ever stay there again. Sorry. Thank Heaven for the Beach Haven Motel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dalton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed in Unit 203 last week and it was beautiful! Great views of the gulf and amazing sunsets. Condo was tastefully decorated and well stocked. You can tell that the owners take great pride in making your stay as comfortable as possible. The property management was very easy to deal with as well. Will definitely be back! Hopefully sooner rather than later!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Vistas on the Gulf? Share your experiences!