“great stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Menomonie
“great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed for a week. Best part this motel is on the trolly line. Pool was not heated,which would have been nice.The kitchen area worked out ok, but ordering pizza in went well also. we were able to meet others staying there which was also good for us.

Room Tip: If there is just 2 of you be sure to get a King, room is larger and more room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Two older gals stayed here for a long week-end in Februry 2013 and the entire experience was super. The management was extremely helpful and went above and beyond to help us navigate St. Pete Beach. Our room was very clean and with access to all three of their properties, it gave us options for either a bay or ocean experience. A St. Pete Beach Trolley stop was directly in front of our hotel, a super Italian bakery and restaurant next door, and a Walgreens across the street, making our stay without a car very comfortable and within walking/trolley distance to all of the sights. We will always remember our fun interaction with the other guests, most of whom have been returning to this same resort, year after year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We've stayed in four different places on St. Pete Beach and this has been our favorite by far. First of all, we stayed at the sister hotel called the Plaza View Resort Hotel which is right across the street one block down from the main hotel pictured here. It was absolutely adorable and we felt the location was even better than the beach front because directly behind our room was a beautiful intercoastal with a gorgeous patio area, gated doggie play area, multiple Tiki huts over picnic tables jutting out over the water at your disposal to use AND another swimming pool which was like having your own private pool and home across the street from the beach. I was traveling with just my 20 year old niece and we LOVED IT here. They even had adorable painted cut-outs to put your heads into to take pictures and huge chess sets to play with on the patio. One afternoon a Crane and a pelican both decided to perch themselves on the huge dock posts in front of us and groom themselves so we could take lots of pictures and video of them from a few feet away. Our room was also only $99 a night and had everything you could ask for, a kitchen area with microwave, pots, pans, coffee maker, a clean, nicely tiled bathroom and a flat screen TV which we never watched because there was so much else to do. An Italian bakery with fresh Kona coffee was right next door and probably the best restaurant in St. Pete called Gigi's was next to that which had everything from steaks to seafood to Italian food then next to that was a Walgreens for anything else you needed. Oh, and around the corner was a great bar with live music called The Drunken Clam or you could walk down the street to another open air bar right on the beach with two pool tables. Or you could walk over to the main hotel and use the warm heated pool or enjoy the 4:00 complimentary social hour with free cocktails and wait for the incredible views of the sunset on the beach in one of the colorful beach chairs or cabana chairs open to any guest to use. We ended up wishing we had spent our whole trip there instead of just the last couple of days (including going to my cousin's house in Clearwater!) If I didnt say the word adorable enough let me say it again-adorable. And perfect. I miss the soft white sand and warm weather already and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was the second hotel we stayed at during our visit to Florida. We just loved it. We got a room facing the bay, with a little cute terrace where we sat in the evenings and had a drink. In the mornings we went out running on the beautiful beach and then returned home to our lovely hotel room and made breakfast in the small kitchenette. It wasn't the biggest place we stayed at in Florida but it was really nice. The staff at the hotel were lovely, the pool was big and the decor was cute with little dolphin statues here and there. Parking was free and so was the wifi. The room was really clean!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort – St Pete Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our BayFront with Balcony Suite. These rooms are available on the 1st floor or 2nd floor with sliding glass doors that overlooking the beautiful waterfront. I am glad that you utilized the balcony for evening drinks and breakfast. Great photos, and I love that picture of the heron, we get lots of wildlife at the Bayview Plaza.

I appreciate you visiting us all the way from Sweden, and I hope to see you again on your next trip back to the states.

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
Key West, Conch Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me begin with this experience. On the second day of my visit here, my colleagues at a professional conference at another nearby resort talked about "going to my room," but I found myself saying "going home."

A day earlier I had arrived at my (simplest, cheapest available) room, opening a door to my "suite."

The first thing I notice was it smelled good -- not overly scented but clean, warm, inviting. I began to explore. Two double beds (yes, I tried them both out and found them very comfortable and supportive, and plenty of pillows of varying densities - I wrote home to my wife about the pillows because she is a critic of a lack of pillows in most more affordable motels), a full kitchen with full-size appliances, a dining area, a full closet, and a small but efficient bath finished in the best European-style fixtures. An extremely quiet air-conditioner was humming (not roaring like so many units) up, away, where it would not blow on me.

The second thing I notice was that the room was immaculate. Not just clean, but immaculate. (Thank you to Norma, the staff person who cleaned my room daily - she knew how to clean without disturbing my personal order I added to the spaces). Tile floor such a welcome change from (ugh) carpetting.

So, I settled in. Unpacked into the large dresser (hmmm, it didn't smell musty - someone had remembered to leave drawers open to air out!).

That night I realized how quiet the room was. Slept well. Really well. In the morning, plenty of hot water (YAY!), easily brewed my green tea (a well-provisioned kitchen with every utensil, cup, glass, and plate/bowl I could need), cleaned for the day, and went to my meetings. When I came home that night (yes, it felt like coming home), it was to something other than a sterile, same-old, run-of-the-mill hotel room.

Nearby was a 24 hour drug store, an awesome Italian bakery/coffee house, and the best Italian Restaurant on the beach. A short walk away was a Publix market. Everything was so nearby that my car did not move for my 5 day stay!

Now, I have to comment on this GREEN motel. This is this most supportive but non-intrusively green motel I have ever encountered. Every light is energy-saving, but there are enough of them that you are never in the dark. The various liquids(soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) are in well-placed dispensers, not those annoying little bottled or tiny wrapped broken tablets. There are well-placed recycling bins. To be responsible is not a burden, but easy. Love it! And they actually do honor the model of only providing new towels/linens when requested (or you as tired as I am with putting towels on racks to re-use and find them replaced? Not here!)

And all of this at a fraction of the price of the "fancy" places in the neighborhood.

Can you tell I am happy to be here?

And I know someone will say "this has got to be an arranged review." No, nope. I was here for a Unitarian Universalist Ministers' International Institute. I am not going to lie about this. This has been one of the most pleasant motel stays I have had in years. (check out my other reviews and know that I am comparing this to international properties, or email me to know it is for real.)

It is not a fancy place (is your home fancy?) but I suspect if you live like I do this will feel like the right place away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms range in amenities and price -- choose what you want and it will be a bargain.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I Love, Love, Love your Excellent and very detailed review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. Just as I mentioned in my last review response, an Excellent review by someone who is as well-traveled as you really means a lot to me. Everything you said is spot on.
We really work hard to meet and exceed guest expectations and I am happy that we exceeded your exceptions. And just like the last Senior Contributor mentioned, you really get a lot for your buck, I’m glad you also mentioned it in a similar aspect, because we really are a fraction of many of the fancier named hotels on the beach. Our goal, what our entire staff strives for is to offer our guest excellent accommodations and service at a great value, and I’m glad we achieved this with you. Also Thank you so much for mentioning your housekeeper Norma, she really is an asset to our team.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit.

General Manger
Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Bayview Plaza is amazing! The size of the rooms is unbelievable (closer to a small apartment than a hotel room), they are pet friendly, and it is only a short walk away from the beach. The outside deck is great for relaxing and the pool is decent size. I couldn't believe everything we got for our buck!! We definitely plan on visiting this place again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your Fantastic and Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. You are well-traveled, and an excellent review from you really means a lot to me. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt that you received a great value for everything.

We have even more great ideas planned for 2013 so I hope to see you back again soon.

Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have just enjoyed the most relaxing holiday in St Pete Beach and a wonderful stay at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. I specifically chose this hotel because it was a small boutique property, but that, because of the association with the main Plaza Beach Hotel (across the road), would have access to the facilities of a larger hotel and the beach. I was hoping for a quiet hotel with some unique charm, as opposed to a characterless bed factory. I was proved right in my choice and this was perfect for my needs. The room size exceeded my expectations - and we benefited from a small kitchen area, separated living area and room for the two double beds. The room was fresh and clean - and despite it being closest to the road of all the rooms on the property - was quiet and I slept very well. The waterside decks at the rear of the property were incredibly relaxing - and such a joy to spend time reading on the many loungers and chairs provided there. Multiple pelicans, herons and ibis get us entertained as they visited us on the deck.

I stayed for a week - and found the hotel a great base to explore locally - and definitely recommend side trips to Pass-a-grille, Gulfport, St Petersburg and Fort De Soto. I'm definitely keen to return.

As many of the other reviews note, the Italian bakery next door is amazing. I think that was probably one of the tastiest sandwiches I have had in my life! There are plenty of other restaurants and bars up and down Gulf Blvd, which were also fun to explore. Mad Fish was one we particularly enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends