“Love this place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Stockholm, Sweden
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was the second hotel we stayed at during our visit to Florida. We just loved it. We got a room facing the bay, with a little cute terrace where we sat in the evenings and had a drink. In the mornings we went out running on the beautiful beach and then returned home to our lovely hotel room and made breakfast in the small kitchenette. It wasn't the biggest place we stayed at in Florida but it was really nice. The staff at the hotel were lovely, the pool was big and the decor was cute with little dolphin statues here and there. Parking was free and so was the wifi. The room was really clean!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort – St Pete Beach. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our BayFront with Balcony Suite. These rooms are available on the 1st floor or 2nd floor with sliding glass doors that overlooking the beautiful waterfront. I am glad that you utilized the balcony for evening drinks and breakfast. Great photos, and I love that picture of the heron, we get lots of wildlife at the Bayview Plaza.

I appreciate you visiting us all the way from Sweden, and I hope to see you again on your next trip back to the states.

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Key West, Conch Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Let me begin with this experience. On the second day of my visit here, my colleagues at a professional conference at another nearby resort talked about "going to my room," but I found myself saying "going home."

A day earlier I had arrived at my (simplest, cheapest available) room, opening a door to my "suite."

The first thing I notice was it smelled good -- not overly scented but clean, warm, inviting. I began to explore. Two double beds (yes, I tried them both out and found them very comfortable and supportive, and plenty of pillows of varying densities - I wrote home to my wife about the pillows because she is a critic of a lack of pillows in most more affordable motels), a full kitchen with full-size appliances, a dining area, a full closet, and a small but efficient bath finished in the best European-style fixtures. An extremely quiet air-conditioner was humming (not roaring like so many units) up, away, where it would not blow on me.

The second thing I notice was that the room was immaculate. Not just clean, but immaculate. (Thank you to Norma, the staff person who cleaned my room daily - she knew how to clean without disturbing my personal order I added to the spaces). Tile floor such a welcome change from (ugh) carpetting.

So, I settled in. Unpacked into the large dresser (hmmm, it didn't smell musty - someone had remembered to leave drawers open to air out!).

That night I realized how quiet the room was. Slept well. Really well. In the morning, plenty of hot water (YAY!), easily brewed my green tea (a well-provisioned kitchen with every utensil, cup, glass, and plate/bowl I could need), cleaned for the day, and went to my meetings. When I came home that night (yes, it felt like coming home), it was to something other than a sterile, same-old, run-of-the-mill hotel room.

Nearby was a 24 hour drug store, an awesome Italian bakery/coffee house, and the best Italian Restaurant on the beach. A short walk away was a Publix market. Everything was so nearby that my car did not move for my 5 day stay!

Now, I have to comment on this GREEN motel. This is this most supportive but non-intrusively green motel I have ever encountered. Every light is energy-saving, but there are enough of them that you are never in the dark. The various liquids(soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) are in well-placed dispensers, not those annoying little bottled or tiny wrapped broken tablets. There are well-placed recycling bins. To be responsible is not a burden, but easy. Love it! And they actually do honor the model of only providing new towels/linens when requested (or you as tired as I am with putting towels on racks to re-use and find them replaced? Not here!)

And all of this at a fraction of the price of the "fancy" places in the neighborhood.

Can you tell I am happy to be here?

And I know someone will say "this has got to be an arranged review." No, nope. I was here for a Unitarian Universalist Ministers' International Institute. I am not going to lie about this. This has been one of the most pleasant motel stays I have had in years. (check out my other reviews and know that I am comparing this to international properties, or email me to know it is for real.)

It is not a fancy place (is your home fancy?) but I suspect if you live like I do this will feel like the right place away from home.

Room Tip: Rooms range in amenities and price -- choose what you want and it will be a bargain.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I Love, Love, Love your Excellent and very detailed review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. Just as I mentioned in my last review response, an Excellent review by someone who is as well-traveled as you really means a lot to me. Everything you said is spot on.
We really work hard to meet and exceed guest expectations and I am happy that we exceeded your exceptions. And just like the last Senior Contributor mentioned, you really get a lot for your buck, I’m glad you also mentioned it in a similar aspect, because we really are a fraction of many of the fancier named hotels on the beach. Our goal, what our entire staff strives for is to offer our guest excellent accommodations and service at a great value, and I’m glad we achieved this with you. Also Thank you so much for mentioning your housekeeper Norma, she really is an asset to our team.

Thank you again and I look forward to your next visit.

General Manger
Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Bayview Plaza is amazing! The size of the rooms is unbelievable (closer to a small apartment than a hotel room), they are pet friendly, and it is only a short walk away from the beach. The outside deck is great for relaxing and the pool is decent size. I couldn't believe everything we got for our buck!! We definitely plan on visiting this place again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your Fantastic and Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. You are well-traveled, and an excellent review from you really means a lot to me. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt that you received a great value for everything.

We have even more great ideas planned for 2013 so I hope to see you back again soon.

Plaza Beach Resorts – St Pete Beach
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have just enjoyed the most relaxing holiday in St Pete Beach and a wonderful stay at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. I specifically chose this hotel because it was a small boutique property, but that, because of the association with the main Plaza Beach Hotel (across the road), would have access to the facilities of a larger hotel and the beach. I was hoping for a quiet hotel with some unique charm, as opposed to a characterless bed factory. I was proved right in my choice and this was perfect for my needs. The room size exceeded my expectations - and we benefited from a small kitchen area, separated living area and room for the two double beds. The room was fresh and clean - and despite it being closest to the road of all the rooms on the property - was quiet and I slept very well. The waterside decks at the rear of the property were incredibly relaxing - and such a joy to spend time reading on the many loungers and chairs provided there. Multiple pelicans, herons and ibis get us entertained as they visited us on the deck.

I stayed for a week - and found the hotel a great base to explore locally - and definitely recommend side trips to Pass-a-grille, Gulfport, St Petersburg and Fort De Soto. I'm definitely keen to return.

As many of the other reviews note, the Italian bakery next door is amazing. I think that was probably one of the tastiest sandwiches I have had in my life! There are plenty of other restaurants and bars up and down Gulf Blvd, which were also fun to explore. Mad Fish was one we particularly enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Nocross, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I needed a quick getaway...We have been married for 2.5 months and never had a honeymoon...The hotel room was clean and the staff was really nice and helpful... We will stay here again when we get more time in the future...We look forward to being able to stay longer next time around....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Congratulation on your wedding. I'm glad you were able to get a mini-honeymoon in. Everyone is always really busy and sometimes it can be hard to get away, but it's important that you do.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort and mentioned that our rooms were clean and that the staff was really nice and helpful.

I look forward to seeing you and your husband again for another trip, hopefully for a little longer next time so that you both can really relax and enjoy each other.

Plaza Beach Resorts
Family Owned and Operated
"Traditions Start Here"
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came to St. Pete's Beach many years ago without having booked any lodging. As we drove north on Gulf Blvd. my wife pointed to the Plaza Beach and said,"I like this one." Her instinct has always proven valuable over the years and we have not booked any other lodging when we have returned to Florida. This year was a bit different. We didn't make reservations far enough in advance. The Plaza Beach was not available for the nine nights we requested. As a result the Bayview was suggested as alternative and it turned out to be a good one. In the future, we may prefer to reserve #711. We loved it! Hated to leave!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This review is a little over due. Me and my wife stayed there about a couple months ago. We are florida residents and have a Ramada in Kissimmee Florida. We like to get out once a month and stay somewhere close to have a nice few days away from the hotel. I stumbled upon this place on one of the search sites. It looked like what we were looking for, little place with a mom and pop feel. What we received was way far beyond. The rooms were very new and fresh, surprisingly so. Was not expecting that, pictures on the sites do not do this location justice. They have a dog area that is perfect for you pet lovers. We will be bring Abby next time we go. She will love her little area. The staff was polite and chatted with me for a bit when I checked out. Even gave me souvenir, with their name and number on it of course. Which I will be using next monday. Either way, this place in amazing and we promised to write a review of our stay and come back and see them. So here you go thanks, and A++++!

Room Tip: You have to check in, beach side at the bigger location. Little of a hassle but worth it. Only takes...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!