“Relaxing on the deck!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing on the deck!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have just enjoyed the most relaxing holiday in St Pete Beach and a wonderful stay at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. I specifically chose this hotel because it was a small boutique property, but that, because of the association with the main Plaza Beach Hotel (across the road), would have access to the facilities of a larger hotel and the beach. I was hoping for a quiet hotel with some unique charm, as opposed to a characterless bed factory. I was proved right in my choice and this was perfect for my needs. The room size exceeded my expectations - and we benefited from a small kitchen area, separated living area and room for the two double beds. The room was fresh and clean - and despite it being closest to the road of all the rooms on the property - was quiet and I slept very well. The waterside decks at the rear of the property were incredibly relaxing - and such a joy to spend time reading on the many loungers and chairs provided there. Multiple pelicans, herons and ibis get us entertained as they visited us on the deck.

I stayed for a week - and found the hotel a great base to explore locally - and definitely recommend side trips to Pass-a-grille, Gulfport, St Petersburg and Fort De Soto. I'm definitely keen to return.

As many of the other reviews note, the Italian bakery next door is amazing. I think that was probably one of the tastiest sandwiches I have had in my life! There are plenty of other restaurants and bars up and down Gulf Blvd, which were also fun to explore. Mad Fish was one we particularly enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Nocross, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I needed a quick getaway...We have been married for 2.5 months and never had a honeymoon...The hotel room was clean and the staff was really nice and helpful... We will stay here again when we get more time in the future...We look forward to being able to stay longer next time around....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Congratulation on your wedding. I'm glad you were able to get a mini-honeymoon in. Everyone is always really busy and sometimes it can be hard to get away, but it's important that you do.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort and mentioned that our rooms were clean and that the staff was really nice and helpful.

I look forward to seeing you and your husband again for another trip, hopefully for a little longer next time so that you both can really relax and enjoy each other.

Plaza Beach Resorts
Family Owned and Operated
"Traditions Start Here"
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came to St. Pete's Beach many years ago without having booked any lodging. As we drove north on Gulf Blvd. my wife pointed to the Plaza Beach and said,"I like this one." Her instinct has always proven valuable over the years and we have not booked any other lodging when we have returned to Florida. This year was a bit different. We didn't make reservations far enough in advance. The Plaza Beach was not available for the nine nights we requested. As a result the Bayview was suggested as alternative and it turned out to be a good one. In the future, we may prefer to reserve #711. We loved it! Hated to leave!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This review is a little over due. Me and my wife stayed there about a couple months ago. We are florida residents and have a Ramada in Kissimmee Florida. We like to get out once a month and stay somewhere close to have a nice few days away from the hotel. I stumbled upon this place on one of the search sites. It looked like what we were looking for, little place with a mom and pop feel. What we received was way far beyond. The rooms were very new and fresh, surprisingly so. Was not expecting that, pictures on the sites do not do this location justice. They have a dog area that is perfect for you pet lovers. We will be bring Abby next time we go. She will love her little area. The staff was polite and chatted with me for a bit when I checked out. Even gave me souvenir, with their name and number on it of course. Which I will be using next monday. Either way, this place in amazing and we promised to write a review of our stay and come back and see them. So here you go thanks, and A++++!

Room Tip: You have to check in, beach side at the bigger location. Little of a hassle but worth it. Only takes...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Spend three nights over the holidays and we really liked it. Room had all we needed and a nice view. Feels like old Florida - not one of the chain hotels. The beach is across the street and easy to get to. The wide and busy road takes away some of the charm though.
A little odd that housekeeping empties the garbage cans but does not make the bed.
Regardless if we are in the neighborhood again we will definitely consider this place.

Stayed December 2012
Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the nights of Dec. 14 and 15. Besides the inconveniences of having to go to another property to pick up the key, and having to turn sideways to get around the bed in the small room, our big disappointment was that the floors obviously never get mopped--only swept. Our feet got solid black from walking on the floor. Our feet have never picked up that much dirt in a single evening. Also, we were subjected to people in the room above us stomping across their floor morning and late at night. Dianne & John

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dianne and John, thank you for your review and I apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. You did have a beautiful Bayfront with Balcony Suite, I wish you would have let us know about your issues while you were here because we could have gladly addressed them.

Yes, check-in is at the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort, it always been done that way and it is indicated on our website and confirmation letters.

Our housekeepers do mop the floors, I don't know why your feet would be black unless you went outside barefoot. I will address this at our next housekeeping meeting, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I want apologize about the guest above you, we do have signs in all the second floor rooms requesting that guest be considerate of the people below them, however sometimes people just don't read the signs or don't care.

I hope that you do consider us for another stay, your experience was not typical of our property. Thousands of guest stay with us yearly and they love it so much that they become repeat guest. I hope that you try us again and also fall in love with the property.

General Manger
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights from 24th of November in room 722 .My wife and
I could,nt believe how clean and beautifully spacious this room was overlooking the waterfont .It was equipt fully with most every electric appliance and kitchen utensils .We fell in love with the decking and jettys where you could sun bathe or fish from . We saw dolphins swimming in the bay while I was fishing and the bay is full of different types of fish. The staff were brilliant and wanted to keep knowing if everything was alright , and could they help us in way to make our stay better .I just think all they have to do is keep on doing what they are good at which providing a great service at a great little hotel .We will be deffinitely returning to this great hotel again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. I so happy that your discovered our waterfront resort and really enjoyed your stay. All of our suites are really beautiful, the property has just been completely renovated this year. All new tile floors, all new bathrooms, LCD TV's, RFID door locks and much more.

I also appreciate you mentioning that the staff was brilliant, they are very knowledgeable and always willing to assist or make recommendations. We have been seeing a lot of dolphins this year and have been posting pictures and videos on our facebook page and Youtube page, so Like us on facebook and subscribe to our channel on Youtube to get great pictures and videos of dolphins, manatees and fish that we see off of our piers.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you here in 2013

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Been to Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!