I had read quite a few reviews on various small inns and B&B's on St. Pete Beach before booking the Plaza Beach Hotel. I travel quite a bit for business so when I travel for pleasure, I avoid chain hotels like the plague and tend to look for unique small family owned lodging options. I stumbled on the Plaza Beach Hotel and it is quite a little gem!
It is a small property, but they utilize their space well. Their amenities include a nice heated pool, shuffleboard, large chess board, and mini golf. They have round wooden tables with palm huts for shade scattered around the property. there is some seating in the shade just outside the pool area. There are two hammocks for napping or reading. The property was clean and well maintained.
The hotel signs out beach towels, and they serve coffee in the morning and a happy hour in the afternoon with beer and wine. There is a separate multipurpose room that houses a conference table and a computer where you can print yor off your boarding pass or check email.
Now the real reason why we are at this hotel...THE BEACH! Just outside the hotel gates is the beach and the Plaza has dozens of colorful adirondack chairs and lounge chairs in citris colors that are super comfy! This was my first time to the Gulf and I don't ever want to go back to the Atlantic. The water was warm, the sand is powdery white, and no rough surf.
The rooms were nice - I was in a deluxe efficiency suite on the second floor. The room was clean and well stocked. For those wondering what comes with the efficiency there are dishes, silverware, wine glasses, wine opener, pots pans, bowls, toaster, microwave, coffee maker. The bed wasn't that comfortable and the sheets a little scratchy, but it was clean.
The bathroom...TINY. If you are a big person, you will trouble fitting in this bathroom. However it was well stocked with shampoo, conditioner, and soap.
The entire staff was super friendly and accommodated any requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely Renovated in 2011, the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort is a boutique Key West style resort of only 39 rooms. This exclusive hotel is directly on island of St. Pete Beach with a beautiful large heated pool overlooking the beach. All rooms are spacious and have full kitchens; great for families, couples and business travelers who want all the amenities of home. Family owned and operated since 1988, our boutique resort is approved and accredited by AAA (American Automotive Association), SSL(Superior Small Lodgings), Florida Green Lodging and our local Chamber of Commerce. We are centrally located on St. Pete Beach and next to the Dolphin Village Shopping Center with options for dinning, entertainment, shopping, and sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Saint Pete Beach
- Plaza Beach Saint Pete
- Plaza Beach Resort
- Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort Saint Pete Beach, Florida