“Everything You Need” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Michigan
“Everything You Need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a small-maybe 40+ - unit family run hotel that is right on the beach. Our room is small but extremely clean, king size bed, tiled floors, newly tiled bathroom, good sized refrigerator, lots of hanger space, and is freshly painted with crown molding. Some rooms have couches but ours has a leatherish recliner chair instead. The flatscreen tv can be seen from everywhere in the room.
The kitchenette has a small sink, 2 glass cook-top burners, toaster, coffeepot, dishsoap, microwave and a few dishes and pots. There is a Publix Grocery less than 5 minutes walk. There is also a dollar store next to Publix. The room has large window that face a mini-golf area. There is also a shuffleboard and large chess board game area near other rooms. Our room does not have a view of the ocean but some rooms on the end do with a nice balcony. The bathroom is very small-kind of like a cruise ship size but does have a bathtub, shelving and hooks. The standard bathmat does is too large to fit between the toilet and the bathtub. The bathroom has been updated and is very clean. There is AC plus a ceiling fan. The kitchen even has a full size clock over the table. Many people here are repeat customers. There is a social hour at 4. The front desk girls were very friendly and helpful.
Free parking and lots of eateries nearby. The beach out front is simply beautiful. You will like it here if you like to be outside gathering shells or swimming in the pool. Pool towels can be signed out at the front desk. The management is tightly run so I would not try to put more people in the room than are signed in. The repeat customers help to keep an eye on things.

Room Tip: if you are a good sized person ask if they have a bigger bathroom in any of the units
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Lindafrommichigan, Thank you for your Great and VERY detailed review of the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort on St Pete Beach. It is dead on accurate. I couldn't have said it better. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review and I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to hosting you again in the near future on St Pete Beach

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
"Traditions Start Here"

1,067 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

St. Pete Beach is one of our favorite beach destinations but this was our first stay at the Plaza Beach Hotel. The entire property is super clean with a very friendly and accommodating staff. This is a good spot for couples or family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We picked this resort because of the high tripadvisor rating. Great location right on the beach. Friendly staff at front desk. Hotel is dated but comfortable. Rooms are clean but again dated. The plumbing needs upgrading as water comes out in a very slow trickle. There is a $25 dollar parking fee per night which is a bit steep. We came for the beach access only but would not rate the property a #1 on tripadvisor.

• Stayed January 2013
JennyBuchan, thank you for your wonderful review highlighting our great location and friendly staff. I see that you are well traveled, and your opinions and suggestions are very important to me. I would just like to clarify a few things and get your opinion.

First, you mentioned that plumbing needs upgrading because the water comes out in a very slow trickle. Actually the plumbing has been completely replaced with all new piping, values, and faucets, everything in 2010. The reason the water is running slower than what you may be used to is because we have special water aerators on all our faucets to help reduce the flow of water which saves on wasted water. It's part of our Green Initiative - Green Lodging Program that we have at the hotel, in addition to the water aerators on the faucets, low flow toilets, CFL and LED light bulbs, recycling and much more. The water in the faucet should have been reduced, but not flowing in a trickle, so if that was the case, I apologize for it. The water aerator probably had some something inside slowing it down, I will have our maintenance guys check it and clean it out. Thank you for making me aware of that.

Second, I would like to bring up the $25.00 parking fee per night, that you mentioned. Each of our rooms do receive one free or complementary parking space each day they have a room rented. However, if someone needs a second space for a trailer, boat, friend's car, visitors car, or any reason someone would need a second parking space, than we do charge a $25.00 dollar parking fee. So to clarify for everyone, parking is free, one parking space per room, extra parking spaces when available are $25.00 per night on a first come bases.

Lastly, You mentioned that our rooms are dated, but comfortable. I can really use your help and opinion here. We have spent an incredible about of money renovating our rooms in the last few years. What are we missing, what did you think was dated? I would love hear your feedback so that we can work to improve on the property, just about everything in the rooms and in the common areas have been replaced in the last few years. I really don't know what else I can do. So your feedback in this area would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to put me e-mail address on here because of all the spam I would receive, but if you would just call the hotel and ask for my e-mail , then send me an e-mail with what I can do, I would so greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here again.

Plaza Beach Resorts- St Pete Beach
"Traditions Start Here"
Florida, U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I prefer staying at mom and pop places like this because they usually have little extras that more impersonal, low-cost chains do not. Bonuses: Free wine and beer happy hour (Moosehead -- pretty good beer!), beach chairs, free coffee in the morning, very nice landscaping and kitschy garden decor throughout, a few on-site games (first time ever playing shuffleboard), and patios. Centrally located... (St. Pete Beach is small so everything is pretty centrally located) so you can literally walk down the beach and find some beachfront restaurants serving lunch or dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a great resort right on a beautiful beach. Very clean rooms, pool area, and charcoal grills. The one thing we did not like was we only had a double bed. Rooms are smaller so that may be the reason. It would not stop us from staying again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side with the palapas it is away from the parking lot
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My first time visiting St Petersburgh, mainly for a Job Fair attendance. I stayed for two days. First I would like to express, it's quiet, relaxing and convenient to shopping center. Cozy, clean perfect for that getaway whether is with your love one, self or family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Try to avoid this place. We stayed here for one night and it was not a good experience. First off, the room was muggy and the AC wasn't working. We told the front desk about it and they said they would take a look at it. Nobody ever came. Since the AC wasn't working and nobody came to fix it, we had to rely on the room fan. Only problem was, when he turned the fan on a high setting, the lights started flickering. They definitely have some electrical problems there. Also, the room was pretty filthy. The floor was dirty and there was broken glass near the bed. This place needs some serious renovation and clean-up. If you decide to visit St. Pete Beach, don't stay here. There are plenty of other resorts to choose from. The only good thing I could say about this place is that it's in a good location because it's right off the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Interesting review. Really? Would sum it up for me when I read this review. If you did stay here, and if your A/C was not working, and if you did report it and we failed to come and service it, then I apologize. All of our A/C units should be in good working order, and if they are not we have spare units ready to swap out. Just so everyone knows, all our maintenance work orders are documented and we don't have this documented anywhere.

As for the pretty filthy rooms, glass near bed, serious renovations and clean-up needed. I ask, did you really stay here? Did you notice the newly renovated rooms, with porcelain tiles throughout the room, the large LCD TV, the recessed lighting, the crown molding, the new blue ceilings and so much more?

To everyone reading this review, our property is extremely clean, myself and my family are on property daily to ensure that everyone is enjoying their stay. Please visit our website, what you see is what you get. No trick photography. I recommend you take our "Virtual Walk-Through" of our property, it's the newest addition to our website and it allows you to walk the property as if you were here.

I look forward to seeing our TripAdvisor Community here.

Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Been to Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!