“Great Beachfront location!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Great Beachfront location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We picked this resort because of the high tripadvisor rating. Great location right on the beach. Friendly staff at front desk. Hotel is dated but comfortable. Rooms are clean but again dated. The plumbing needs upgrading as water comes out in a very slow trickle. There is a $25 dollar parking fee per night which is a bit steep. We came for the beach access only but would not rate the property a #1 on tripadvisor.

• Stayed January 2013
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
JennyBuchan, thank you for your wonderful review highlighting our great location and friendly staff. I see that you are well traveled, and your opinions and suggestions are very important to me. I would just like to clarify a few things and get your opinion.

First, you mentioned that plumbing needs upgrading because the water comes out in a very slow trickle. Actually the plumbing has been completely replaced with all new piping, values, and faucets, everything in 2010. The reason the water is running slower than what you may be used to is because we have special water aerators on all our faucets to help reduce the flow of water which saves on wasted water. It's part of our Green Initiative - Green Lodging Program that we have at the hotel, in addition to the water aerators on the faucets, low flow toilets, CFL and LED light bulbs, recycling and much more. The water in the faucet should have been reduced, but not flowing in a trickle, so if that was the case, I apologize for it. The water aerator probably had some something inside slowing it down, I will have our maintenance guys check it and clean it out. Thank you for making me aware of that.

Second, I would like to bring up the $25.00 parking fee per night, that you mentioned. Each of our rooms do receive one free or complementary parking space each day they have a room rented. However, if someone needs a second space for a trailer, boat, friend's car, visitors car, or any reason someone would need a second parking space, than we do charge a $25.00 dollar parking fee. So to clarify for everyone, parking is free, one parking space per room, extra parking spaces when available are $25.00 per night on a first come bases.

Lastly, You mentioned that our rooms are dated, but comfortable. I can really use your help and opinion here. We have spent an incredible about of money renovating our rooms in the last few years. What are we missing, what did you think was dated? I would love hear your feedback so that we can work to improve on the property, just about everything in the rooms and in the common areas have been replaced in the last few years. I really don't know what else I can do. So your feedback in this area would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to put me e-mail address on here because of all the spam I would receive, but if you would just call the hotel and ask for my e-mail , then send me an e-mail with what I can do, I would so greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hosting you here again.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts- St Pete Beach
"Traditions Start Here"

1,096 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Florida, U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I prefer staying at mom and pop places like this because they usually have little extras that more impersonal, low-cost chains do not. Bonuses: Free wine and beer happy hour (Moosehead -- pretty good beer!), beach chairs, free coffee in the morning, very nice landscaping and kitschy garden decor throughout, a few on-site games (first time ever playing shuffleboard), and patios. Centrally located... (St. Pete Beach is small so everything is pretty centrally located) so you can literally walk down the beach and find some beachfront restaurants serving lunch or dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a great resort right on a beautiful beach. Very clean rooms, pool area, and charcoal grills. The one thing we did not like was we only had a double bed. Rooms are smaller so that may be the reason. It would not stop us from staying again.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the side with the palapas it is away from the parking lot
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My first time visiting St Petersburgh, mainly for a Job Fair attendance. I stayed for two days. First I would like to express, it's quiet, relaxing and convenient to shopping center. Cozy, clean perfect for that getaway whether is with your love one, self or family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Try to avoid this place. We stayed here for one night and it was not a good experience. First off, the room was muggy and the AC wasn't working. We told the front desk about it and they said they would take a look at it. Nobody ever came. Since the AC wasn't working and nobody came to fix it, we had to rely on the room fan. Only problem was, when he turned the fan on a high setting, the lights started flickering. They definitely have some electrical problems there. Also, the room was pretty filthy. The floor was dirty and there was broken glass near the bed. This place needs some serious renovation and clean-up. If you decide to visit St. Pete Beach, don't stay here. There are plenty of other resorts to choose from. The only good thing I could say about this place is that it's in a good location because it's right off the beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Interesting review. Really? Would sum it up for me when I read this review. If you did stay here, and if your A/C was not working, and if you did report it and we failed to come and service it, then I apologize. All of our A/C units should be in good working order, and if they are not we have spare units ready to swap out. Just so everyone knows, all our maintenance work orders are documented and we don't have this documented anywhere.

As for the pretty filthy rooms, glass near bed, serious renovations and clean-up needed. I ask, did you really stay here? Did you notice the newly renovated rooms, with porcelain tiles throughout the room, the large LCD TV, the recessed lighting, the crown molding, the new blue ceilings and so much more?

To everyone reading this review, our property is extremely clean, myself and my family are on property daily to ensure that everyone is enjoying their stay. Please visit our website, what you see is what you get. No trick photography. I recommend you take our "Virtual Walk-Through" of our property, it's the newest addition to our website and it allows you to walk the property as if you were here.

I look forward to seeing our TripAdvisor Community here.

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach
Brooksville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Very pleasant stay! Staff very nice and friendly! Love playing the shuffle board game and corn hole also! Pool very nice and clean. Close to the beach. The only thing that I didn't like was the beds were full size and I thought we were getting two double queen beds. Also the sheets and towels had a yellowish look to them and not white. But overall we enjoyed staying there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have to be careful just walking around because of distribing guest who are staying und...
Hohen Neuendorf, Brandenburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a great time in october 2012.Everything was fine,we will come back for sure,thanks to Shelley for her support ,she is very nice.
Excellent pool area,white beach beautiful location for families and couples

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!