“Love Bongos” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 123 Restaurants in St. Pete Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sandwiches, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bongos Beach Bar & Grill is located directly on the sandy beach behind the Grand Plaza Resort on St. Pete Beach. Enjoy live entertainment daily. Sip on your favorite tropical cocktail while you watch the beautiful sunset. Serving great appetizers, burgers, wings, sandwiches, salads and much more. Open daily 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. Free WiFi. Free sunset shooters daily. A BEACHY LITTLE PLACE WITH A CASUAL PACE!!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Love Bongos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Walked there for dinner and/or apps at sunset several nights. Love toes in sand. Food is surprisingly good- especially salads which had everything I love. I think I had the market salad with salmon! The fish spread is good! We had lovely servers a few times- I remember Delaney- delightful young lady! Bonehead named Beau caused us to leave abruptly nor night. He was just rude/arrogant & critical of other places. Not good pr for a server in a small community.
Music there is kinda - bad. We thought they must have too small of a budget. It was mismatched to the environment and the food & service(except Beau- boo)
Each time we went we were visited by delightful floor managers. Do NOT go to St Pete Beach & miss Bongos!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wesley Chapel, Florida, United States
“Fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Loved our server Nate! Fantastic location and good food. We were enjoying the pool then walked straight from the pool to lunch.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“Eh..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great location, located at our hotel on the beach. Also, we really liked the live entertainment. The food was fine...nothing to write home about but not bad. The drinks are served in plastic cups...I guess that is due to avoiding broken glass on the beach...so I get it. The drinks are expensive and have more sugar syrup in them than anything else.

Cape Coral, Florida
“Reality Check-”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I read other reviews before writing this so here's a reality check- Wife and I went for lunch and drinks this past Sunday. Location can not be beat so I guess that's why my 4 beers 4 vokes (diet and vodka) one fish sandwich and a trio appetizer cost over $60 plus a tip. (should have been 40 oh well I guess you pay for the view) fish sandwich was just ok it was on a hot dog kind of staleish bun and ok fries. The cold appetizer is a joke fish dip over mango salsa (about 2 tablespoons) 2 small shrimp, and 3 nice scallops over $10 OK its in a martini glass so it cost more. You get it anyhow they have cool couches, and it is very pretty, but some people are like best food on the beach? Not even close. Will I be back? of course just for drinks though and they actually put booze in the drink unlike some places in the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis
“Quality at the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

This is not your average beach bar/restaurant. Nice atmosphere, good service, and a nice lunch. I enjoyed the fish tacos and frozen drinks.

Visited August 2014