“Exceptional Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5250 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceptional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband somehow got us to this hotel a day early. Being completely booked management was able to find us a room three doors down and when we returned the next day they upgraded our reservations to a beautiful ocean view room. We could not have been more surprised. All expectations were met. Room was updated and comfortable - check. Cleanliness - check. Great view - check. Staff is just super. Frankie thanks for going out of your way for us. We will be back.

Room Tip: Go ocean view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We travelled from the UK to Orlando for our annual holiday there, although in my mind this one was going to be a little more special as I had been planning a surprise proposal to my partner. During our time in Orlando I had been looking and speaking to hotels on the cost to do this, then I came across the GRAND PLAZA. From the 1st point of contact over the phone and e-mails the lady I spoke with ( which I'm sorry I forget her name ) I had decided this was the place to do this, as she answered every question I had & more in real detail all with the right answer's or solutions, so there and then I booked. Once we arrived I was greeted by a lady called Sarah on the main reception who was yet again from start to finish fantastic in the way she helped me and my family it was like she had known us for a live time & made us all welcome and comfortable (not to mention keeping a smile on my 2yr old daughters face with free candy every now and again). On the day after check in I was introduced to the man him self Danny the concierge, who I was told would help me with my plans on the surprise proposal & believe me did a great job, from calling our room to speak with my partner to tell her we had won a beech side meal for being the 1million guest since the new owners tuck over to actually organising the beech side table with meal, sunset & personal waiter from bongos ( who yet again I need to stress how great this guys was too, from making sure we constantly was ok with everything to even running over to the tobacco shop and sharing a celebration cigar with me - this chap was a big part of the occasion - many thanks to you ). As the drinks started flowing and the sun started to sett I went down on to one knee and popped the question & luckily got a YES ( good job really otherwise the chocolate covered strawberries and diamond ring would have been making there way to Sarah haha ! )......Or the locals and guests gave a massive cheer which also just added to the moment. All in in I must say that the hotel and its staff where great with everything and need to be very proud of themselves and there efforts - If you are looking a hotel in this area to stay for either personal or business reason stop wasting time now and stop looking around GRAND PLAZA is where you need to be. Many thanks to you all again for you efforts. keep up the great work & hope to see you all again some time - Geoff ( mrgdtomlinson@aol.com )

Room Tip: penthouse suite - ocean view If not just be sure to pay the extra for a ocean view as its well w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is an older hotel but the rooms are wonderful and well worth the cost. The staff is very friendly and helpful - from Danny who brought our bags to our room to Chad and Sonya in the Palm Court at breakfast -huge buffet offered every morning! The balcony had an incredible view of the beach (room 819) and the most comfortable king size bed you will ever sleep on and the room was very clean. As others have mentioned it is very centrally located and you can walk to many stores and restaurants and you must try their rotating Spinners Restaurant on the top floor for the view!

Room Tip: You cant reserve a specific room but can make a request at time of booking, Higher floors are best...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean and beautiful. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. They always smiled and when we requested extras they brought them immediately. Awesome location on the beach and very clean! You can walk to the liquor store, a store with many items and several restaurants. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed February 2014
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

So when you go to the Grand Plaza, you notice it is an older hotel. It seems a bit rickety, but once you step inside of the lobby you first see a beautiful baby grand piano, tile floors, and a friendly staff to your right. They always make you feel welcomed. The rooms have tiled floors, which I love since it does not have a musty hotel smell. When you walk in the room it smells clean, fresh, welcoming, crisp, and cool. The beds are large and comfortable, giving you a really good nights sleep. Even though you may notice cracks since this is an older hotel, it is still clean and fresh and any sort of issues you could have with the hotel are unnoticeable since you are able to just fully relax. I have stayed at several hotels much pricier than this one on St. Pete Beach and I have to say this is and always will be my favorite beach spot! This is because The Grand Plaza just has a relaxing non judgmental feel to it, I never feel anxious about how I look, feel, etc... I am absolutely comfortable in my own skin. My only regret is that I just wish I could get better room deals around spring/summer since I love it here so much!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a very limited balcony view if you get a room with a cityscape view. You stil...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sterling, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is a great place to stay. All ages. The staff everywhere was very helpful. The front desk especially. All the help at Bongos. We especially appreciated Thomas at Bongos and Rob who were very helpful. The food was excellent. We had more dinners looking at the sunset on the beach which you can't do just anywhere! Great place to break up the winter since we came from Massachusetts.

Room Tip: We had room 603 which had a very good view.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ruskin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Me and my wife had a great weekend at the grand plaza for her birthday weekend the staff was awesome, the food service was good and the room was very clean. Can wait to go back. also the staff at Bongo was awesome and so was the entertainment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!