A friend and I stayed at the Grand Plaza for 4 days in October and were very pleased with our stay. Yes, the hotel is dated and the room was small. However the views were incredible over beautiful St Pete's beach, we were steps away from the sand and this made it all worth it.
The biggest plus for this hotel was the concierge service. Danny especially was terrific - he went out of his way to give us good information about dining, outings, directions, and places to see. He recommended Snappers restaurant which was amazing, and the Cool Cat boating expedition which was really good. He also loaned us beach chairs and an umbrella for our outing to Fort DeSoto beach, and we were able to keep them for our whole stay, which saved us a lot of money as we didn't have to pay the $25 daily cabana rental on the hotel beach.
Another huge plus, as I've mentioned, is the location. Central on St Pete's, right on the beach, with gorgeous white powdery sand.
Bongos beach bar was good...good drinks, pretty good food, and open late.
The other hotel food was poor...I would not recommend eating on site other than at Bongos.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. No hidden resort fees. At NO further charge you get FREE use of Fitness Center, FREE Unlimited Wireless Internet Access with your own computer, FREE Electronic Safe in your room, FREE Parking, FREE Coffee & Tea 24 Hours a Day, FREE Local Phone Calls. Featuring 3 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 2 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Amex, Priceline, Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.