Save Saved
You added Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5250 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
South Devon England UK
“paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Fab places to stay the views were fantastic we use to sit on our balcony and watch the sun set breath taking. The staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble, Our room was kept spotless, super king size bed, can not fault this hotel, cant wait to go back

Room Tip: The rooms with part view of the beach are fantastic not much different than the full view, we stayed...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel needs a total overhaul, in need of a updating, room condition was terrible, how about some repainting, new furniture, get rid of the rusty bathroom fixtures. The beach/pool towels have been washed so often they are paper thin and so small, the towels are so small you have to ask for two in order to lay on the beach with them. The door card key doesn't work most of the time, we had to have the service brought up a few times to change out the battery, I saw them doing the same at many of the room doors on my floor.

Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in late September. Unfortunately it rained during my entire stay so from an activities perspective, my visit was somewhat limited.

I'm not sure how to describe the hotel succinctly. I guess I would say - I stayed two nights and wasn't overly disappointed that I wasn't staying another night.

Just some quick hits.

- Parking was fine and right in front of the hotel.
- My room was nothing special. Tiled floors, room showed its age, small TV in an armoire that could only be viewed when in bed.
- The a/c unit was a beast - the unit was rather loud when it kicked on. I would turn it off to watch TV then turn it on before bed. This wasn't a huge issue.
- The hotel is right on the beach as advertised.
- Didn't dine at the hotel so no comments there.
- Bed was ok. I had four pillows on the bed which seemed to be two pillows chopped in half to make four small pillows.
- Hotel staff was helpful and friendly.

I've also stayed at the Tradewinds and Guy Harvey hotels on the beach. The Tradewinds likes to present itself a little better than it is, but it's the same type of hotel but with valet parking and a much nicer lobby/on-premise restaurant choices/pools.

So basically it is middle of the road on this review.

Room Tip: Would assume a room on a higher floor is nicer.
Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been coming to the Spinners restaurant for several years and also bring visitors to dine for the food, service and admosphere. Today a different story. As usual the food was good for the price and the restaurant staff was very friendly overall. But after dining we were on the elevator on our way to leave and there was a woman with a dark shirt and a name tag, I believe Autum Supervior was on board with another young man dressing in the same outfit. And to my ears I could not believe the way she was speaking to him and sort or repremanding him for some reason. It was a very uncomfortable situation for us. I personally could smell alcohol in the elevator but one never knows if it could have been from a prior rider in the elevator and then I noticed a Miller Lite hat on the woman and that to me told the story. I don't know what was going on but as I said it was very uncomfortable. It was not yelling but more to the bulling stage and as we got off the elevator she walked out ahead of us and the young man waiting for us to get off and then he proceeded to exit. I felt rather sorry for him. We will continue to visit, but I think that you might want to give this a looking into in order for someone else not to encounter this same situation. It is a lovely place to dine but that was an experience I don't care to have again. I don't normanlly write reviews, but we adore the restaurant staff and don't want to be encourage to NOT come back! Thank you Sincerely Susan Mascheri

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I should have looked this one up in Trip Adviser before I booked! But it was at the last minute and I had to find something on the beach, close to the Tampa Bay Rays Baseball Park. This is an older hotel and is starting to show its age. It is designed like the old Holiday Inns (round) of the 60's. No charge for parking your car and they have an under-ground parking garage so your car is protected from the hot Florida sun. We had requested extra towels and pillows which were in our room when we arrived. I had also asked for a room on a high floor. They gave us the 8th floor (out of 9) so that was good. Our room was large enough for the 2 of us but you could see that they had divided it in half with an added wall to give the room next door "suite status". The molding around the bathroom door was coming lose from the door frame and the shower head was frozen in time so you could not change the flow. We had a coffee maker in the room but the cord was so short you could not reach it to put water in it without unplugging it firsts. But I guess in the big picture of things, these were minor inconveniences. Our first night we spent at the ball game (we lost) but it was an easy drive from the ball park to the hotel. The main reason we selected this hotel was for the beach and because it was close to our baseball game (20 minutes). It was after 1a when we hit our bed. The king size bed was good to look at but you kinda rolled to the center like it was stuffed with feathers. Another disappointment. We had a ceiling fan and an air conditioner. I'm sure that the temperature is controlled because it did not change when you tried to lower it a degree or two. Thank goodness we had a fan. In the morning we ate at the Palm Restaurant within the hotel. We selected the breakfast buffet for under $10 and was very satisfied with the selection and quality. The Palm restaurant is very small so they seem to want you to eat and get on with your day. We then dressed for the beach. You can rent a cabana for 2 on the beach from a private vendor for $25 for an 8 hour day. They start picking up the cabanas at 5p. This price is pretty standard along most of Florida beaches. This time of the year the sun goes down around 7p with a great sunset if your taking pictures. The beach is great here on the Gulf and great for just walking and picking up shells if that's what you want to do. We had very calm weather, no wind the entire day so the surf was very good for all. If you have children the hotel next door allows you to use their inflated swim slides (for a fee). The hotel's Bongo's Beach Bar is very lively, even in the middle of the week. Live entertainment in the afternoon through the evening. Their servers are very prompt and will serve you by the pool as well as in their Beach Bar. But no service on the beach. Now we come to "Spinners", the rotating roof top restaurant. Yes, it does make a complete circle which takes about 1 hour. But...... maybe we just ordered the wrong thing, it seemed to take forever. My husband ordered the Chicken Marsala with a side of pasta and a green salad. His meal was served in 2 different boat dishes and he had to ask for a plate so that he could eat them together. I had requested a filet topped with crab , medium rare. The meat was "well" and tasteless (for $35) My mashed potatoes were cold and hard. I did have a bowl of corn chowder and hot bread sticks that were very good. I would have sent my plate back except we had waited so long to get it, and I was starving. I just ordered more bread! With 2 glasses of wine our meal, including an average tip was around $100. The service was OK, but we expected more from the kitchen. We checked out without problems. Will we stay again, probably not. I will have to take time to review Trip Adviser next time!

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter. Bongos Beach Bar on the southwest side has entertainment throu...
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel and didn't want to come leave. The accommodations were excellent. The rotating restaurant atop the hotel provided a beautiful sight of the beach and bay area. The staff was so ready to please, no matter what the issue was. Michelle recommended their beachside restaurant and we were so glad she did. The food was incredible..........it really was. Being originally from south Louisiana, I know what GOOD seafood is. It was delicious!!
The room was very clean, although I'd rather the a/c unit to be blowing more toward the bed than it was. We will definitely be returning. The hotel is not the Ritz, but for a beachside hotel, it's great!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the gulf or the sides..............wonderful view. Also, keep the camera ready at...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We booked a 1 night stay at the Grand Plaza at the end of September 2013. We investigated all options and Grand Plaza came out as the best value for money, given it's great location. We booked 5 days in advance.

In addition, I emailed the hotel in advance to ask for a quiet room on a high room and received a reply within 30 minutes assuring me of this.

Arrival

The hotel has a huge car park, with more than enough parking for all guests.

We arrived at the hotel around 12:30pm, which I knew was early for check in. From the moment I approached the front desk I received excellent service. Our room was available immediately and we were provided keys to room 506 on the 5th floor.

The hotel has a very relaxed feel and whilst the hotel isn't very modern, it is clean and well maintained.

Room

Our room was spacious with a large king bed and a pull out bed (hidden in the wall!). I would say with both beds reclined the room would be quite cramped, but with it up, it was spacious.

There is a small fridge and coffee making facilities. An iron and ironing board is included, with a balcony with seating and microwave.

The room is well ventilated with air conditioning and ceiling fan.

A large TV with good channels and free WIFI is provided.

The bathroom is on the smaller side, but it was sufficient. The only thing was that the bathroom could have been better cleaned and the toilet does flush very loudly.

Resort

The resort itself is directly on the beach. It took us less than 2 minutes to get from our room to the beach. There is lots of space on the beach (see pictures). The sunchairs are very overpriced at $25 for 2 per day, this was a shame. We just used a towel.

Beach towels are available from the lobby (just provide your room number).

Bongos bar next door provides good dining options and drinks.

There is a Publix supermarket around 5 minutes drive up the road, this is a great place to stock up on drinks and snacks for your room.

The pool area is spacious and there were plenty of sunbeds available. The pool was on the cold side, but it felt really refreshing with the hot weather.

Overall

We would definitely stay here again. The location is excellent, the hotel is good value for money and the staff work hard to provide a good service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!