We booked a 1 night stay at the Grand Plaza at the end of September 2013. We investigated all options and Grand Plaza came out as the best value for money, given it's great location. We booked 5 days in advance.
In addition, I emailed the hotel in advance to ask for a quiet room on a high room and received a reply within 30 minutes assuring me of this.
The hotel has a huge car park, with more than enough parking for all guests.
We arrived at the hotel around 12:30pm, which I knew was early for check in. From the moment I approached the front desk I received excellent service. Our room was available immediately and we were provided keys to room 506 on the 5th floor.
The hotel has a very relaxed feel and whilst the hotel isn't very modern, it is clean and well maintained.
Our room was spacious with a large king bed and a pull out bed (hidden in the wall!). I would say with both beds reclined the room would be quite cramped, but with it up, it was spacious.
There is a small fridge and coffee making facilities. An iron and ironing board is included, with a balcony with seating and microwave.
The room is well ventilated with air conditioning and ceiling fan.
A large TV with good channels and free WIFI is provided.
The bathroom is on the smaller side, but it was sufficient. The only thing was that the bathroom could have been better cleaned and the toilet does flush very loudly.
The resort itself is directly on the beach. It took us less than 2 minutes to get from our room to the beach. There is lots of space on the beach (see pictures). The sunchairs are very overpriced at $25 for 2 per day, this was a shame. We just used a towel.
Beach towels are available from the lobby (just provide your room number).
Bongos bar next door provides good dining options and drinks.
There is a Publix supermarket around 5 minutes drive up the road, this is a great place to stock up on drinks and snacks for your room.
The pool area is spacious and there were plenty of sunbeds available. The pool was on the cold side, but it felt really refreshing with the hot weather.
We would definitely stay here again. The location is excellent, the hotel is good value for money and the staff work hard to provide a good service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. No hidden resort fees. At NO further charge you get FREE use of Fitness Center, FREE Unlimited Wireless Internet Access with your own computer, FREE Electronic Safe in your room, FREE Parking, FREE Coffee & Tea 24 Hours a Day, FREE Local Phone Calls. Featuring 3 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 2 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Splendia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center St. Pete Beach, Florida