We stayed at this hotel recently and were very happy with it. The location is great and very close to everything you might need. I will say this is a "beach hotel"...not a 5 star resort. Some of the decor in the lobby is a little dated and worn but definitely did not effect our stay at all. This will be the only real negative I have about this hotel, we got to the hotel slightly before check-in, about 3:45 pm and were hoping they would let us have our room a little early but they told us we would have to come back as they had no rooms ready. The employee that helped us was not very attentive and was talking to other employees while "checking us in." Other than this experience we had no other issues. The lobby includes a scenic elevator to the "Spinners" restaurant and you get a fantastic view of St. Pete beach area while riding up. We ate at "Spinners" the first night there and it was very good(I highly recommend the clam chowder soup if it's available.) It was a great atmosphere and such a cool experience. The floor revolves 360 degrees(very slowly, you will barely notice) and you get a beautiful view of the sunset and beach.
We stayed in the standard Bay View room and it was not a disappointment. The view of the ocean was fantastic, didn't even need the beach view room. The room was basic but clean and cute. It included a desk, mini fridge, TV, wall bed and private balcony. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and everything was very clean. I have a small complaint on the towels...they were very, very rough to the point of irritating our skin, so maybe bring your own if you are very picky. We did Bongos beach bar and found it to be a just average beach bar. It seemed slightly small to me compared to other beach bars we have been to in the area but still a good atmosphere. I had a pina colada that was not good, but the crab cake appetizer was great.
We did the breakfast buffet in the downstairs hotel restaurant and it was your standard hotel breakfast eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. but very affordable $9.95 person I believe. Overall, this hotel delivered much more than our expectations. The restaurants were good, beach was beautiful and room was comfortable and quiet. I will say their customer service could have been a bit better. But this hotel is definitely worth checking out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. No hidden resort fees. At NO further charge you get FREE use of Fitness Center, FREE Unlimited Wireless Internet Access with your own computer, FREE Electronic Safe in your room, FREE Parking, FREE Coffee & Tea 24 Hours a Day, FREE Local Phone Calls. Featuring 3 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 2 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center Saint Pete Beach, Florida