We stayed in one of the Penthouses and the room and views of both the Gulf and the Bay were fantastic! The hotel itself, sits right on the beach and is very close to many restaurants. Many recreational activities are also a short drive from the hotel. The room, which was actually 2 rooms, was so spacious that I believe it was larger than my first apartment! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean and well appointed. The hotel staff were all very warm and welcoming, as well. Since we arrived at the hotel in the evening, we decided to spend that night enjoying the entertainment at the hotels’ beach bar, Bongo Bongos. The music was great and it was fantastic to sit with our feet in the sand and feel the breeze from the Gulf.
We also had lunch at Spinners restaurant on top of the hotel. The view was fantastic and the restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful. The service was great too. The food at lunchtime, however, was just ok and we probably would not choose to dine there again for lunch.
The only down side that we encountered was that there was a wedding taking place on the same floor as our room. The music from the wedding was extremely loud, late into the evening and there was no getting away from it, while we were in our room. While this didn’t affect us too much as we went out to enjoy St. Pete that night, I can imagine that if you had a meeting or conference to attend in the early morning, this would have made sleeping nearly impossible.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel And Conference Center
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Hotel
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center Saint Pete Beach, Florida
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel is located directly on the beach and Gulf of Mexico. The Resort features a wide selection of luxurious guestrooms with furnished private balconies and all the best full service resort amenities for the leisure or business travelers. No hidden resort fees. At NO further charge you get FREE use of Fitness Center, FREE Unlimited Wireless Internet Access with your own computer, FREE Electronic Safe in your room, FREE Parking, FREE Coffee & Tea 24 Hours a Day, FREE Local Phone Calls. Featuring 3 Restaurants - Spinners Rooftop Revolving Bistro & Lounge, Bongos Beach Bar & Grill, and the Palm Room Restaurant. 2 Lounges, Heated Swimming Pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com and Venere so you can book your Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.