“Great weekend at the Beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center

You added Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5250 Gulf Boulevard, Saint Pete Beach, FL 33706   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Saint Pete Beach
The Villages, Florida, United States
“Great weekend at the Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Grand Plaza was just that .. 'grand'! Great oceanfront room/view, only 200 ft to the gulf waters, soft (and clean) sand, breachfront rerstaurant/bar that hit the spot, and continuous mellow, beach music. Staff very attentive helped make the weekend. Booked room directly with their reservation manager who couldnt have been more helpful. We'll be back!

Room Tip: For an oceanfront room ask for one on floors 5 and higher... gets you over the palms!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Hilliard, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in September. We loved it. The staff was friendly, the room was efficient and always very clean. My husband commented every day on how great our room smelled when we came back from the beach.
The beach was nice, we liked laying around in a cabana during the afternoon. There did seem to be quite a bit of seaweed but it was raining a lot at night so that could have been why.
The pool is also very nice, when you get tired of sand stuck to your feet you can relax at the pool and still enjoy a great view of the ocean.
Bongos is GREAT! You can eat and drink and relax while listening to live music and resting your feet in the sand. We ate there several times, the food and environment was perfect and so romantic. Overall a great experience, we will be back!
Only negative was one elevator was down all week and made for a long wait.

Room Tip: We were in a bay/city view room. We could see the ocean to our right, the bay to our left and hear t...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Plaza on a whim while condo hunting. I must say that this location has it all. The beach is beyond perfect, the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, and the room was more than adequate. The bonus: Bongos. This bar/restaurant sits as close to the ocean as you can get and the bar staff is the best ever. Now that we live near this hotel, we come back at least once a week to enjoy the sunsets at Bongos. This hotel will not disappoint. We plan on making this our anniversary spot from now on.

• Stayed September 2012
Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have just returned from two nights at the Grand Plaza and couldn't have been more pleased. I had never been to the St. Pete Beach area before and did my "homework" searching on the internet for a good place to stay without wrecking my budget since I was travelling alone. After making the selection of the Grand Plaza I was glad I did. The location was excellent and with the special my room was upgraded which was a nice bonus. The view from my room was wonderful as I could see the beach and the gulf which made sitting out on my private balcony super nice! The room was clean and everything worked perfectly. My only complaint was that the air conditioning did not seem to cool the room totally. But I was only in my room basically to sleep and shower, so all in all it wasn't too bad.

The beachfront was kept nice and clean and there were plenty of lounge chairs on the beach and at the pool.

Had dinner one night in the revolving restaurant on top of the hotel and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. And the waitress was very courteous and attentive. The Almond Joy martinis are worth the trip alone!

Very very happy with this place and would like to return. Everything about my stay was great and relaxing.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room in this hotel. The upgrade specials are not to be missed. I stayed on t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
South Fallsburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

If you and yours want to get away to a First Rate, Super Clean and Upscale place, the Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort is it! There's a wedding taking place at all hours of every day! Happy people abound! The food is extraordinary, whether up in Spinners for a FIVE-STAR dining experience, or the Palm Room for the best Breakfast on the Beach or @ Bongos, where the live music never stops...........the Beaches are pure white sand and the Gulf waters are clean and clear.................Joe and I come back time and again........why go somewhere else, when you know the PERFECT PLACE?????

Room Tip: Partial Ocean View is the room to choose.........you get a perfect view of the beach and Gulf, but t...
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I reserved two nights at the Grand Plaza on my way from Dallas to West Palm Beach through American Airlines AA points. Upon arriving, after a 12 hour drive, I was elated and surprised that I had found this unique jewel on the beach. Michelle upgraded me to an oceanfront room with a view up and down St. Pete beach with spectacular sunsets. I watched several gorgeous beach weddings and would recommend the Grand Plaza to anyone wanting a lovely sunrise or sunset beach wedding with all your friends and family. I had the most fabulous dinner (stuffed grouper) with the most beautiful salad, by Michelle, at Spinners Restaurant, while watching the most exquisite 360 degree sunset view of St. Pete. While at Bongos beach bar, I believe Billy Joel and wife, were in the audience of 10. I can say, without reservation, the Grand Plaza should be rated 5-stars, every staff person was the perfect reflection of this wonderful resort. I look forward to my next stay. BRAVO.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 3rd floor or above, where every room has a great view. Each room has a lovely patio.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Avella, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Our stay a the grand plaza was fantasic, When we arrived they upgraded our room to Oceanview, They were very nice when we checked in and everytime we walked pass the front desk they always said hello that was nice.The food was good ( breakfast buffet)
Pool was good, There were plenty of lounge chairs to relax on,
Bongos was great ,They add tables and chairs there and you could eat and drink and watch the sunset ! It was awsome, I will be back ! ( have been for 15yrs )

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!